Futures DevOps Application Support Engineer - Commodities and Global Markets
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
The Commodities and Global Markets division has an opportunity for a Futures DevOps Application Support Engineer person to join the Futures Technology Team in London. The Futures Technology Team in London is part of a global team who are based in other locations such as Sydney, Manila, London and Chicago.
As Futures DevOps Application Support Engineer you will join our Central Operations Group’s Technology division within Macquarie and support the Commodities and Global Markets’ Global Futures business.
Ideally you will have futures and options experience, worked in an ITIL service operations capacity, excellent technical skills, excellent interpersonal and communication skills, accustomed to working in a globally diverse team, as well as a drive to learn.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Provide day-to-day production and test environment support to the Futures businesses including inhouse and vendor applications
- Use your technology skills to improve the environment including automation and project tasks
- Takes ownership of operational issues and perform both short-term resolutions, and develop preventive measures for the longer term
- Proactively monitoring the system health and respond to alerts to provide high availability and performance of the application set including automation of health checks
- Responsible for the stability and maintenance of the Futures production environment
- Identify and exploit opportunities to improve the production environment throughout our application stack
- Liaise with business stakeholders at all levels regarding any incidents, potential risks to the environment and upcoming changes
- Work closely with global team members in a follow-the-sun model
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Although not a necessity, a strong understanding of Futures and Options markets would set a candidate apart
- Must have at least 3 years’ experience providing application support, preferably on financial markets
- Must have excellent communication skills, experience dealing with business customers and translating technology into business terms
- Excellent and wide-reaching technical skills enabling deep analysis and fast issue resolution
- Will have a strong desire to learn and seek knowledge independently
- Be proactive and have a flexible approach to work - eager to embrace change and take on opportunities to develop new skills and gain business/technical exposure
- Ideally, experience in ITIL Service Operations or similar IT Operations framework
- Proven background in proactive identification of problems and implementing solutions
- Experience handling Incident and Problems to ensure healthy and stable environments
- Good knowledge of health/alerting tools and tuning them to tighten environment control
Technical experience is required in the following areas:
- Working with databases with strong SQL ability
- Experienced with Unix / Linux systems
- Support of applications running under Java/J2EE
- Supporting applications running in a cloud environment will be highly regarded
- Understanding of basic networking and different file transfer methods (SFTP, MFT)
- Very strong problem definition & solving skills
- Methodical and systematic approach to the preparation of documentation
- Thorough understanding of Incident, Problem and Change Management processes
- Experience in the use of Helix Remedy, Jira Service Desk or similar ticket handling system and Confluence / Jira will be highly regarded
- Knowledge of order management platforms and trading business
- Must be able to work in a global team environment in a ‘follow the sun’ model which includes weekend and public holiday support on a roster and some out-of-hours working
- Proven record of being able to work well under pressure to deliver tasks in a timely manner and to a high standard
- Can plan, prioritize, and manage your work and coordinate with others to achieve the team goals
- Have stakeholder management skills as this is also a business facing role and you are expected to liaise with a variety of stakeholders daily
- The ability to work within a team environment across multiple time zones
- The ability able to work independently as required
About the Corporate Operations Group
The Corporate Operations Group brings together specialist support services in Digital Transformation & Data, Technology, Operations, Human Resources, Business Services, Business Improvement & Strategy, and the Macquarie Group Foundation. We deliver service excellence to ensure Macquarie is open for business, deliver on transformational change, invest in our people and have deep relationships with our customers.
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths. An inclusive and equitable workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. At Macquarie, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you're inspired to deliver on our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’, we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter.
As an inclusive employer, Macquarie does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
Joining Macquarie means you’ll be able to work in a way that suits you best. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways. Talk to us about what working arrangements would help you thrive.