Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
We are looking for an experienced Tester to support Capital Global Markets (CGM) businesses meet their regulatory/OTC transaction reporting obligations across global jurisdictions (CFTC, SFTR, SEC, ASIC, MAS, EMIR, MIFIR etc).
As a Tester, you will be hands-on designing test strategies, driving test execution, performing testing walkthroughs, working with globally diverse technology teams, engaging users and managing risks. You have a “can-do” attitude, can take ownership of deliverables, are self-motivated and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Being co-located in London, you will develop good working relationships with both Technology and Non-Technology teams (Business Users, Compliance, Market Operations). You will also act as QA coordinator between the Tech teams based in London and Gurugram (India)
Responsibilities will also include:
- Managing stakeholders’ expectations across Technology & Non-Technology (Business/Compliance/Operations) streams.
- Growing technical & domain expertise of the testing team
- Working in a dynamic environment by managing test deliveries across multiple projects with shifting priorities and mandatory deadlines
- Driving innovations, Improving quality practices and developing comprehensive test automation suite (functional, component, regression, and performance tests)
- Managing and prioritizing test environments to support testing deliveries
- Developing metrics to measure progress and continuous improvements
The incumbent should have:
- 6+ years of overall experience with 1 – 2 years of relevant industry experience (Capital Markets/ OTC transaction reporting. Desirable: Regulatory Reporting)
- Experience in designing and scaling test automation frameworks
- Experience in test automation (Selenium, Robot Framework, Web driver, Appium, JMeter etc)
- Experience in API based testing
- Good knowledge of Python, Java, SQL, Unix, Cucumber.
- Experience in defect management tool (Jira)
- Strong problem solving, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Strong in creating testing documentation
- Worked as part of a global & diverse team.
- Experience in agile software development cycle, SDLC tools and best practices
About the Corporate Operations Group
The Corporate Operations Group brings together specialist support services in Digital Transformation & Data, Technology, Operations, Human Resources, Business Services, Business Improvement & Strategy, and the Macquarie Group Foundation. We deliver service excellence to ensure Macquarie is open for business, deliver on transformational change, invest in our people and have deep relationships with our customers.
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths. An inclusive and equitable workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. At Macquarie, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you're inspired to deliver on our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’, we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter.
As an inclusive employer, Macquarie does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
Joining Macquarie means you’ll be able to work in a way that suits you best. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways. Talk to us about what working arrangements would help you thrive.