Executive or Senior Analyst, Employment Taxes
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Right now, we have an exciting opportunity within our Tax Advisory Team here at Macquarie. You will be part of a rapidly growing function that is curious and not afraid to ask, ‘how can we do better?’ A team that is bold, always challenging the status quo, seeing solutions where others see obstacles. Join a team that is generous with its skills, knowledge, and expertise, so that we can achieve great things together. And be supported to deliver your best work whilst embracing hybrid and flexible work arrangements.
This exciting role will give you the opportunity to work closely with Finance Management Group Employment Tax Advisory Team and various key stakeholders in FMG Tax and HR with a specific focus on the EMEA region.
This role will give you a variety of different responsibilities and you will Support the Employment Tax Advisory Team in managing and delivering end to end employment tax compliance activities in EMEA region including the following key areas:
- Expenses and benefits reporting (in-year and year-end)
- Shares returns
- Short term business travellers
- Off-payroll workers/contractors
You will also collaborate with internal stakeholders in Finance Management Group Tax and HR to ensure Macquarie Group meets its employment tax compliance responsibilities within each relevant EMEA jurisdiction. You will Identify and implement process improvements. This role will also see you playing a key role in contributing to data and technology transformation projects and working to ensure best practices are adopted.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring clear documentation of policies and procedures.
- Playing a critical role in supporting employment tax risk and governance strategies for the region and globally.
Our business is to realise opportunities for our clients, stakeholders, and staff, and is characterised by accountability and integrity. We are able to achieve this through the initiative and drive of each member of our team:
To be successful in this role, you’ll need to:
- Be able to demonstrate a strong and broad knowledge of core tax technical provisions, specifically in relation to employment tax and employer reporting obligations around EMEA.
- Have previous experience in managing and delivering end to end employment tax compliance activities for EMEA region within a chartered accounting firm, legal firm or in commerce and preferably hold a tax qualification.
- Work pro-actively to identify and address any potential risk and improve processes and controls.
- Be flexible and willing to work across multiple time zones, in particular Australia, the Philippines, India, and the US.
- Have strong communication skills, with a strong team player mindset.
- Be a well organised, proactive self-starter who is comfortable managing a range of competing priorities.
- Have strong Microsoft Excel skills.
Experience in tax accounting will be an added advantage.
About the Financial Management Group
In our Financial Management Group you will be part of a team that provides strategic analysis and advice on capital, funding, liquidity, tax and financial performance to support the growth of Macquarie's businesses around the world. You will join a team that ensures Macquarie continues to meet its financial, regulatory and tax reporting compliance obligations in the jurisdictions in which we operate, and a team that maintains significant relationships on behalf of the Group.
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths. An inclusive and equitable workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. At Macquarie, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you're inspired to deliver on our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’, we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter.
As an inclusive employer, Macquarie does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
Joining Macquarie means you’ll be able to work in a way that suits you best. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways. Talk to us about what working arrangements would help you thrive.