Compliance Lawyer, Manager, Human Resources, Employee Relations - EMEA
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Are you looking to join a collaborative regional team at the heart of our Human Resources division, where you will add valued expertise to our management of employment and labour law across the EMEA region?
In light of our growth in EMEA, in particular across continental Europe, we have created a new role within our EMEA Employee Relations team. You will be joining this regional role to drive and support employment law and HR compliance for our European operations
You will be legally qualified and joining us at Manager level based in our London office (hybrid). Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Driving Employee Relations (ER) support in managing and maintaining compliance with employment and labour law requirements in the EMEA region in collaboration with relevant HR teams
- Liaising with external counsel on compliance matters where required and managing retention and sharing of advice
- Building knowledge bank of advice and capturing expertise on non-UK employment law matters
- Horizon scanning for upcoming legislative changes across EMEA and managing updates with HR and business stakeholders
- Creating ER precedent/template documents (with a focus on non-UK locations) and maintaining precedent bank
- Co-ordinating change management processes as applicable
- Drafting, reviewing and updating policies and procedures as required
- Documenting ER processes and governance
- Identifying and driving opportunities for improvement of process, documentation and governance
- Providing ER support on Macquarie’s office set ups in new EMEA jurisdictions
- Involvement in EMEA legal and regulatory change project work as required
- Coordinating the annual review of our employment documentation across EMEA
In light of Macquarie’s increasing presence in France and Germany and legal complexities in these jurisdictions, you will ideally also have experience in advising on French and/or German employment law but this would not be essential. You will have demonstrated a process driven/operational excellence mindset with experience in delivering HR change projects, strong legal drafting skills, and experience in advising on multi-jurisdictional/cross-border projects. Experience as a professional support/precedents lawyer (or equivalent) would be beneficial for this role. Applicants who are legally qualified in locations other than the UK are welcome to apply.
If this sounds like the next step in your career, please apply today.
About the Corporate Operations Group
The Corporate Operations Group brings together specialist support services in Digital Transformation & Data, Technology, Operations, Human Resources, Business Services, Corporate Strategy & Solutions, and the Macquarie Group Foundation. We deliver service excellence to ensure Macquarie is open for business, deliver on transformational change, invest in our people and have deep relationships with our customers.
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths. An inclusive and equitable workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. At Macquarie, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you're inspired to deliver on our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’, we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter.
As an inclusive employer, Macquarie does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
Joining Macquarie means you’ll be able to work in a way that suits you best. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways. Talk to us about what working arrangements would help you thrive.