Senior Project Manager, Group Treasury
Location: Adelaide, Auckland, Greater London, Melbourne, New Zealand, Parramatta
Job Type: Full time
Be at the heart of our business as we innovate and invest for a better future. This is a permanent opportunity based in Sydney, Australia.
In Group Treasury, you will work in the financial centre of Macquarie, driving real change for our businesses. You will be part of a rapidly evolving function that is curious and not afraid to ask, ‘how can we do better?’ A team that is bold, always challenging the status quo, seeing solutions where others see obstacles. Join a team that is generous with its skills, knowledge, and expertise, so that we can achieve great things together.
This is a permanent role, within the Reporting, Risk, Analytics & Platforms Projects team.
You will work with a specialised team of project professionals that ensure Macquarie continues to meet its regulatory obligations, deliver enhancements and drive the evolution of the data, systems and processes that support the functioning of Group Treasury.[KE1]
What impact will you have?
As a Senior Project Manager at Macquarie, you will lead the delivery of highly visible and business-critical project streams, working to ensure we fulfill our regulatory obligations. In this role, you will have the opportunity to leverage any prior experience in Risk, Financial Products or Regulatory Change. You will be responsible for:
- Deliver program and business benefits - leading a cross-functional team of project professionals to achieve program objectives and deliver benefits within agreed timeframes
- Stakeholder management – develop effective relationships with stakeholders across the group, including co-ordinating regular forums to address issues, review status and manage key actions
- Establish effective governance - work with the central programme office to implement robust change management and communications plans
- Managing risks & issues - ensure the timely identification and triage of project issues and risks
- Project artefacts & reporting - develop and maintain high quality project artefacts and reporting
- Financial management - manage project budgets, financials and ensure benefit realisation.
What skills will you use?
To be successful in the role, you will bring with you demonstrated experience as a Senior Project Manager, leading complex and multi-stream projects in the Financial Services sector. Other skills and experience may include:
- Experience managing through the full project lifecycle – from building a business case, to delivery of technical and process change, to tracking and realisation of benefits
- An ability to manage both technical and process change – ensuring that the impact on people and process is managed alongside technical implementation
- Experience managing teams in multiple locations, across multiple operating groups and managing collaboration while working remotely
- Experience delivering projects in the Liquidity, Capital or Statistical Reporting domain, or familiarity with financial instruments would be highly beneficial
- Strong, multi-level stakeholder and relationship management skills; an excellent communicator
If you’re a driven individual looking for the next challenge, apply now or reach out to Badrul at Badrul.email@example.com to learn more.
We are committed to a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace, where different ideas are embraced. We believe that flexibility is a key driver to our people’s success and welcome the opportunity to discuss what flexibility means to you, including part time.
Help us transform our Group Treasury function and evolve the future of finance at Macquarie, apply now.
About the Financial Management Group
In our Financial Management Group you will be part of a team that provides strategic analysis and advice on capital, funding, liquidity, tax and financial performance to support the growth of Macquarie's businesses around the world. You will join a team that ensures Macquarie continues to meet its financial, regulatory and tax reporting compliance obligations in the jurisdictions in which we operate, and a team that maintains significant relationships on behalf of the Group.
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths. An inclusive and equitable environment enables us to deliver innovative and sustainable outcomes for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. From day one, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’ is as inspiring to you as it is to us, please apply. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways.
We are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity, equity and inclusion. We encourage candidates to speak with a member of our recruitment team if you require adjustments to our recruitment process to support you, and the type of working arrangements that would help you thrive.