Interest Rate Derivatives and Foreign Exchange Operations, Analyst/Associate, EMEA
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Are you interested in global markets and looking for a collaborative & engaged global team – read on! You will be joining our Interest Rate Derivatives and Foreign Exchange Operations team in London.
Our Market Operations Division provides segregated operational trade support to our Commodities and Global Markets (CGM) and Macquarie Capital (MacCap) Groups.
Our Interest Rate Derivative and Foreign Exchange team are expert in post execution operations. In this role you will develop your skills across the following activities:
- Providing independent validation and confirmation of deal sets relating to:
- Interest Rate Derivatives
- FX Spot, FX Fwd & FX NDF’s
- FX Options and FX Structured Options
- Average Rate Forwards and other complex FX products
- Other products as traded by the FI&C & CGM businesses
- Payment preparation and settlement of bank to bank cash transfers
- Confirmation drafting & engaging with counterparties to confirm trades
- Monitoring and clearance of reconciliation breaks
- Ad hoc project support and implementation of process improvement initiatives
- Ensuring a seamless handover of responsibilities between global locations
- Maintaining a successful partnership with the FI&C desk
- Supporting the FM Ops London team across other processes or tasks as needed by the business or team lead
To be successful in the role you will have:
- a learning mindset with a strong drive to get up to speed as quickly as possible
- provide input into the identification of potential risks and suggests appropriate options to manage risks
- the ability to confidently work autonomously
- excellent communication skills with the ability to build strong relationships
- the ability to prioritise workload to meet deadlines
- strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- a high standard of attention to detail and a low tolerance for error
About the Corporate Operations Group
The Corporate Operations Group brings together specialist support services in Digital Transformation & Data, Technology, Operations, Human Resources, Business Services, Corporate Strategy & Solutions, and the Macquarie Group Foundation. We deliver service excellence to ensure Macquarie is open for business, deliver on transformational change, invest in our people and have deep relationships with our customers.
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths. An inclusive and equitable workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. At Macquarie, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you're inspired to deliver on our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’, we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter.
As an inclusive employer, Macquarie does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
Joining Macquarie means you’ll be able to work in a way that suits you best. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways. Talk to us about what working arrangements would help you thrive.