Lead Software Engineer
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Help our trading business build a Front Office risk calculation platform, using the latest cloud-based technologies and distributed stream techniques.
Our trading technology division have been working on a multiyear programme that will deliver a new risk platform, capable of providing real-time as well as end of day risk and profit and loss calculations across all asset classes.
We’re building this platform in-house, with a team of dedicated and highly skilled Engineers. You will be working with the latest technologies including AWS, Docker and Kubernetes and interfacing directly with the business. This platform will be used by our primary revenue generators. If you have worked in a similar environment that would be useful but isn’t essential.
Things you’ll be doing:
- architecting and building solutions from requirements through to delivery
- leading a team of developers working on challenging and complex engineering problems in an Agile environment
- engaging with stakeholders across our global team including business users
- taking ownership and responsibility for the full development lifecycle
- delivering well designed, testable, and efficient code
- setting high technical standards
- enhancing and maintaining the existing code base
- mentoring and guiding the professional and technical development of your team
We anticipate to excel in this role, you will ideally have:
- a proven track record of delivery using core Java skills
- experience architecting and designing technical solutions
- experience providing high technical standards and leadership
- good knowledge of object-oriented analysis and common design patterns
- good interpersonal skills
- hands-on experience with build and dependency management tools
- a willingness to work with various technologies
It would be a bonus if you’re familiar with:
- Cloud platforms (AWS, Google, Azure), Containers, Docker, and Kubernetes
- SQL/NoSQL databases and service-oriented architecture
- Experience working in a Linux development environment
- Hands-on experience with basic shell scripting and Python
In this role you will be able to see first-hand the positive impact your work has, how it supports revenue growth and operational efficiencies, and how we as a firm respond to external challenges and opportunities.
We operate in a flat structure. The members of the team are encouraged to take ownership and accountability of their work, with the empowerment to collaborate with senior members of the business and identify new opportunities.
We encourage our team members to play multiple roles; from business analysis and requirements gathering to delivery and risk management. Through this process our team gains a better understanding of the process of product delivery and has an opportunity to develop different skills and explore different career paths.
The team operates a hybrid working approach, making the most of the benefits of both office-based collaboration and remote working.
Having a Learning Mindset is a key value of our group, and we support our staff by giving them access to a variety of learning resources and industry wide accreditations.
About the Corporate Operations Group
The Corporate Operations Group brings together specialist support services in Digital Transformation & Data, Technology, Operations, Human Resources, Business Services, Corporate Strategy & Solutions, and the Macquarie Group Foundation. We deliver service excellence to ensure Macquarie is open for business, deliver on transformational change, invest in our people and have deep relationships with our customers.
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths. An inclusive and equitable workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. At Macquarie, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you're inspired to deliver on our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’, we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter.
As an inclusive employer, Macquarie does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
Joining Macquarie means you’ll be able to work in a way that suits you best. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways. Talk to us about what working arrangements would help you thrive.