Associate Java Engineer - Trade Surveillance Technology
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
As a Engineer, you will join the wider Corporate Operations Group and be part of the existing Trade Surveillance Technology delivery team, where you will be responsible for architecture design, development, testing and operations and deliver incrementally in iterative cycles. You will have an Agile mindset and keen interest in software engineering across a range of technologies, while showcasing great communication skills and be a self-motivated team player. You will have experience in risk management and applying a risk mindset in day-to-day activities.
We anticipate that to excel in this role you will ideally have experience with:
- 5-6+ years of practical experience in Core Java (1.8 preferred)
- Working Knowledge of AWS Cloud, hands-on on services like S3, EC2 etc.
- Domain knowledge and experience in Financial Services and specifically trade lifecycle
- experience in RDBMS and SQL
- firm understanding of microservices architecture
- experience using and developing RESTful APIs such as SpringBoot
- good understanding of data structures, design patterns and algorithms, and experience in applying them to design pragmatic solutions
- experience with SDLC tools (e.g. Bamboo, Jenkins, JIRA, GIT, Confluence)
- the ability to communicate problems and solutions effectively with both business and technical stakeholders (written and verbal)
It would be a bonus if you bring (not mandatory):
- experience in trade surveillance and monitoring
- experience with event-based and message-driven distributed systems
- experience with cloud technologies like AWS/Azure/GCP
- experience with big data technologies and platform such as Apache Spark
If you are interested in joining a fast-paced environment and the above sounds like you, please apply through the link.
About the Corporate Operations Group
The Corporate Operations Group brings together specialist support services in Digital Transformation & Data, Technology, Operations, Human Resources, Business Services, Corporate Strategy & Solutions, and the Macquarie Group Foundation. We deliver service excellence to ensure Macquarie is open for business, deliver on transformational change, invest in our people and have deep relationships with our customers.
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths. An inclusive and equitable workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. At Macquarie, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you're inspired to deliver on our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’, we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter.
As an inclusive employer, Macquarie does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
Joining Macquarie means you’ll be able to work in a way that suits you best. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways. Talk to us about what working arrangements would help you thrive.