Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
DevOps Managers are responsible for building out, automating, and supporting our critical systems. In this role, you will combine problem solving skills with software and systems engineering to take a proactive approach in building fault-tolerant systems, improving observability/monitoring/alerting capabilities, automating tasks and build tools.
This role, based in London, will be part of the global CGM Finance Technology team, responsible for running the platform that processes Finance data for Commodities and Global Markets for the bank. You will have the opportunity to impact the Commodities and Global Markets division within Macquarie front to back, building relationships with a motivated and agile global technology community. You will deliver high quality, low touch, scalable solutions across a mix of technologies and deployment stacks, including cloud and Kubernetes.
You will be offered the opportunity to learn from peers, be encouraged to collaborate and to be bold. You will be an active member of the team, contributing to ideas and peer reviews, mentoring others and being accountable for your solutions end to end.
- A passion for technology, automation and continuous innovation.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and debugging skills.
- A learning mindset, and the curiosity to dive under the covers.
- Effective interpersonal skills and the ability to mentor, coach, team building.
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills.
- Be proactive in identifying gaps, prioritizing and making suggestions.
- 6+ years of experience in Unix/Linux and Bash
- 6+ Software development experience using Python, Java, C++ or similar
- Experience with Git, CI/CD tooling (eg Jenkins)
- Hands on experience with Cloud technologies (e.g. AWS, GCP, etc.)
- Knowledge of good software design and application architectural practices.
- Ability to define and measure non-functional requirements, such as reliability, availability, security, and performance.
Other Valuable Experience:
- Docker, Kubernetes, Helm
- Financial Services experience or interest
- Observability and monitoring/alerting – Prometheus, Splunk, Jaeger
- Build Tooling – Bazel, Gradle, etc
If this role sounds like the right opportunity to further your career, please apply via the link.
About the Corporate Operations Group
The Corporate Operations Group brings together specialist support services in Digital Transformation & Data, Technology, Operations, Human Resources, Business Services, Corporate Strategy & Solutions, and the Macquarie Group Foundation. We deliver service excellence to ensure Macquarie is open for business, deliver on transformational change, invest in our people and have deep relationships with our customers.
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths. An inclusive and equitable workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. At Macquarie, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you're inspired to deliver on our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’, we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter.
As an inclusive employer, Macquarie does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
Joining Macquarie means you’ll be able to work in a way that suits you best. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways. Talk to us about what working arrangements would help you thrive.