EMEA Regional Data Officer
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Are you looking for the opportunity to work with a collaborative global team while defining and leading the region for a critical part of our commitment to excellence in data management.
As the EMEA Regional Data Officer you will oversee the regional strategy and support for Enterprise Information Management (EIM) encompassing standards for Data Management, Records Management and Regulatory Reporting. You will also drive adoption of the frameworks within the region by partnering with key stakeholders across a variety of business lines. You will also have responsibility for our compliance with regulatory requirements across the EMEA region (Europe Middle East and Africa) relating to information management and ensure these are considered in our standards and Frameworks. Based in London and supported by the global specialist team, you will be the escalation point for regional matters and support management and board level reporting as needed.
- Chairing/ overseeing regional data governance forums
- Developing regional strategy for data, records, and regulatory reporting in alignment with the enterprise strategy
- Reporting to management committees and boards committees of key regional entities on the status of framework effectiveness and application
- Championing the development of data capability in region
- Leading regulatory responses and meet with key regulators as needed
- Championing the requirements of the region through advocating enhancements to central frameworks
- Championing the needs of the region in prioritisation of the global pipeline
To be successful in this role you will have:
- 5 years’ experience in data governance, data management or a related discipline
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Ability to quickly understand complex concepts.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to convey complex concepts using everyday language
- A self-starter with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
Ideally you will also have:
- Knowledge of risk management frameworks and data management / data governance is highly desirable.
- Financial services industry experience.
- Experience supporting large implementation projects.
About the Corporate Operations Group
The Corporate Operations Group brings together specialist support services in Digital Transformation & Data, Technology, Operations, Human Resources, Business Services, Corporate Strategy & Solutions, and the Macquarie Group Foundation. We deliver service excellence to ensure Macquarie is open for business, deliver on transformational change, invest in our people and have deep relationships with our customers.
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths. An inclusive and equitable environment enables us to deliver innovative and sustainable outcomes for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. From day one, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’ is as inspiring to you as it is to us, please apply. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways.
We are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity, equity and inclusion. We encourage candidates to speak with a member of our recruitment team if you require adjustments to our recruitment process to support you, and the type of working arrangements that would help you thrive.