Operational Risk Business Analyst
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
We are looking for an experienced business analyst to work in the operational risk delivery team in Macquarie’s Commodities and Global Markets Group (CGM).
As a Business Analyst, you will work with business managers, operational risk managers and data analysts to transform processes, practices and systems to enhance operational risk and reduce risk of unauthorised trading, with a focus on managing processing of cancel, amend and backdated trades (CABs).
Macquarie’s Commodities and Global Markets Group is currently implementing a major transformation programme to enhance operational risk and reduce risk of unauthorised trading. A key focus of this delivery is to establish a global team responsible for working with a diverse set of businesses across asset classes (commodities, FX, fixed income, credit, equity derivatives) to implement a platform and processes to control and monitor CABs.
The work will be wide-ranging, covering elicitation and documentation of business requirements, collaborating with a delivery team of technologists and data analysts to design and implement solutions, working across internal system dependencies. You have a key role to play in documenting operational processes and leveraging technology to automate and digitise processes.
Key responsibilities include collating business requirements to
- ensure completeness of CABs data set for all CGM businesses in scope
- categorise CABs, so as to ensure a risk-based approach to analyse CABs data
- enable a Straight-Through-Process to reduce number of routine CABs generated as part of the product life cycle
- provide trend analysis and visualisation of CABs data for review by supervisors
- perform end-to-end testing of the CABs data flow and analytics
We are establishing a global team to support the operational risk transformation program. As a Business Analyst, you will be supporting Macquarie’s Commodities and Global Market businesses in Asia-Pacific, including Sydney, Singapore and Hong Kong. A separate BA will cover businesses in US and EMEA.
You will work within an agile project team to deliver enhancements, strategic projects, and operational improvements to meet business and operations needs. Project delivery will be led by a delivery team located in Singapore, Sydney and Geneva.
You will thrive in a fast-paced delivery environment and draw on collaborative and problem-solving skills to achieve optimal outcomes for our stakeholders. You will have experience in co-ordination of peers to support implementation and achieve team deliverables.
The role offers significant exposure to Macquarie’s Commodities & Global Market Group global trading business and an opportunity to develop a deep understanding of operational risk management.
To excel in this role, you will:
- Have at 6 to 8 years’ of experience within financial services, preferably with knowledge of operational risk, including in a data analyst or operations roles.
- Have experience working with traders and business managers to understand their trade capture activities, document use cases and find ways of applying technology to automate and transform processes
- Have excellent stakeholder management skills and experience in delilery co-ordination across stakeholders.
- Be adept in engaging, collaborating, and communicating with both business and technical peers, across offices and time zones.
- Be flexible and adapt easily in a dynamic environment. Have a strong sense of ownership to follow your deliverables through to closure.
- Have experience working within an agile scrum team environment and working towards hard deadlines.
- Have clear communication skills, be detail-oriented and organized.
About the Corporate Operations Group
The Corporate Operations Group brings together specialist support services in Digital Transformation & Data, Technology, Operations, Human Resources, Business Services, Corporate Strategy & Solutions, and the Macquarie Group Foundation. We deliver service excellence to ensure Macquarie is open for business, deliver on transformational change, invest in our people and have deep relationships with our customers.
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths. An inclusive and equitable workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. At Macquarie, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you're inspired to deliver on our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’, we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter.
As an inclusive employer, Macquarie does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
Joining Macquarie means you’ll be able to work in a way that suits you best. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways. Talk to us about what working arrangements would help you thrive.