Data and Privacy Lawyer
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Are you looking for a role where you will be working with collaborative and engaged stakeholders, counselling them as a subject matter expert to excel in our dedication to the safeguarding of Privacy and Data.
You are a Privacy and Data Protection lawyer, or someone with a legal background and passion for Privacy and Data protection, looking for a lead role in our northern hemisphere Privacy and Data team. The role will report to General Counsel Privacy and Data.
Key responsibilities are:
- Provide legal advice on matters, including data protection and privacy impact assessments, that impact on our operations in UK and the EU
- Support the work of the EMEA Privacy Working Group and help convene meetings and document outcomes
- Provide legal advice on issues raised by personal data breaches, cyber security incidents, including notification requirements (if any) to individuals or regulators
- Participate in privacy training, support data protection aspects of merger and acquisition activities and other matters as requested/directed by the General Counsel – Privacy and Data or delegate
The role will work closely with and support our cyber security, human resources, and enterprise data management teams in EMEA & the Americas.
To thrive in this role will likely be a lawyer with 5 years PQE or equivalent relevant experience in a related risk role. The person will need to have a solid working knowledge of and a proven track record of advising on the following:
- The General Data Protection Regulation and applicable local implementation legislation
- ePrivacy Directive and applicable implementation legislation
- relevant industry or other codes and legislative instruments impacting on the processing of personal data and data protection and data governance generally
- also desirable is a working knowledge of and some experience of advising on some of the key data protection requirements in the US
This role will provide a fantastic career runway into our northern hemisphere business, apply today!
About Legal and Governance
In our Legal and Governance Group you will be part of a global, dynamic and independent group of lawyers, governance professionals and technical specialists that protect and represent the interests of Macquarie, our businesses and our people. Our teams are at the forefront of Macquarie, undertaking cutting edge legal and governance work to support business outcomes.
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths. An inclusive and equitable workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. At Macquarie, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you're inspired to deliver on our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’, we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter.
As an inclusive employer, Macquarie does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
Joining Macquarie means you’ll be able to work in a way that suits you best. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways. Talk to us about what working arrangements would help you thrive.