Software Engineer - Commodities Front Office
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
We are looking for a motivated Software Engineer to join our talented technology team and work closely with our Commodities desks.
You will work in a fast-paced trading environment closely with key business stakeholders to understand issues and provide solutions that make a tangible and critical difference to how we do business.
What you will do:
- Work as part of a team gathering requirements, designing and implementing solutions for key systems that the business uses to manage and control risk
- Deliver projects that have a revenue impact for a dynamic and growing business
- Work directly with senior technology and finance professionals
- Implement software engineering best practices, including continuous integration and DevOps techniques
- Gain financial markets expertise, particularly in the Energy Markets and Metals, Mining and Agriculture businesses
Technologies you will work with:
- SQL/NoSQL databases
To excel in this role, you will ideally have:
- A passion for technology and engineering
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities, coupled with good communication skills
- An ability to work as part of a collaborative team
- Familiarity with databases (SQL/NoSQL)
It would be a bonus if you are familiar with:
- Front Office environment and financial products
- Cloud (e.g. AWS, EKS)
- Experience of full project lifecycle (requirements, design, development, testing, deployment, version control).
In this role you will be able to see first-hand the positive impact your work has and how it supports revenue growth and operational efficiencies.
We operate in a flat structure. The members of the team are encouraged to take ownership and accountability of their work, collaborating with senior members of the business to identify new opportunities.
We encourage our team members to play multiple roles; from business analysis and requirements gathering to delivery and risk management. Through this process our team gains a better understanding of the process of product delivery and has an opportunity to develop different skills and explore different career paths.
Having a Learning Mindset is a key value of our group and we support our staff by giving them access to a variety of learning resources and accreditation.
About the Corporate Operations Group
The Corporate Operations Group brings together specialist support services in Digital Transformation & Data, Technology, Operations, Human Resources, Business Services, Business Improvement & Strategy, and the Macquarie Group Foundation. We deliver service excellence to ensure Macquarie is open for business, deliver on transformational change, invest in our people and have deep relationships with our customers.
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths. An inclusive and equitable workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. At Macquarie, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you're inspired to deliver on our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’, we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter.
As an inclusive employer, Macquarie does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
Joining Macquarie means you’ll be able to work in a way that suits you best. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways. Talk to us about what working arrangements would help you thrive.