Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
This is an exciting opportunity for a strong London-based DevOps Engineer to join the Macquarie Asset Management technology team, aligned to Private Markets.
As a DevOps Engineer, you will work within a team dedicated to improving and standardising ways of working to of our Private Credit business, within the Macquarie Asset Management Private Markets division. You will be able drive and deliver material digital transformation within our Private Credit business. You will be willing to challenge the status quo, adopt best industry practices and leverage technology to drive and streamline efficiencies.
If you love driving change, are comfortable with complex technological problems and implementing a value-led roadmap, this is the role for you.
- Working with stakeholders to shape technical requirements and implement solutions that leverage different systems and technologies
- Contributing expertise on information system options, risk, and operational impact.
- Mentoring junior software developers in gaining experience and assuming DevOps responsibilities.
- Managing the installation and configuration of solutions.
- Collaborating with developers on software requirements, as well as interpreting test stage data.
- Developing interface simulators and designing automated module deployments.
- Completing code and script updates, as well as resolving product implementation errors.
- Overseeing routine maintenance procedures and performing diagnostic tests.
- Documenting processes and monitoring performance metrics.
- Conforming to best practices in network administration and cybersecurity.
This role is well suited for a strong developer who enjoys working closely with business users and handling multiple queries.
We are looking for people with the following experience and skills to join our team:
- Extensive experience in DevOps engineering, team management and collaboration
- Proven Python development and AWS Cloud experience
- Strong understanding of microservices architecture
- Experience with APIs design and implementation
- Working knowledge of CI/CD, Jira, and agile ways of working
- Database experience using SQL and RDMS
- A strong ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical teams, as well as audiences across a range of seniorities
- An ability to multi-task priorities, manage deadlines and pick up new ideas and concepts at pace
- Experience in Financial Services, particularly Private Markets and/or Private Credit
- Highly self-motivated with the ability to make things happen.
About the Corporate Operations Group
The Corporate Operations Group brings together specialist support services in Digital Transformation & Data, Technology, Operations, Human Resources, Business Services, Corporate Strategy & Solutions, and the Macquarie Group Foundation. We deliver service excellence to ensure Macquarie is open for business, deliver on transformational change, invest in our people and have deep relationships with our customers.
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths. An inclusive and equitable workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. At Macquarie, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you're inspired to deliver on our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’, we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter.
As an inclusive employer, Macquarie does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
Joining Macquarie means you’ll be able to work in a way that suits you best. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways. Talk to us about what working arrangements would help you thrive.