Associate Director Prudential Obligations RAAR - (6-12 months FTC)
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
We have an opportunity for an experienced Associate Director to join the EMEA Regulatory Affairs and Aggregate Risk (RAAR) team in our Risk Management Group (RMG) in London to provide maternity cover for 6 - 12 months.
Our Regulatory Affairs and Aggregate Risk team in the EMEA region is focused on prudential policy advisory, rule interpretation and risk oversight for local regulated entities (including MBE, the UK branch of Macquarie Bank Limited, an Australian bank, and a number of UK and European investment and asset management affiliates), stress testing, recovery, resolution and wind-down planning, and economic capital assessment for the EMEA non-banking entities in the Macquarie group.
You will lead the EMEA Prudential Obligations team within the Regulatory Affairs and Aggregate Risk EMEA team which covers the following key aspects –
- Provide advice and interpretation of the European, UK and Irish Prudential rules to various stakeholders, including businesses, senior management, and support functions
- Provide advice in relation to the European Prudential rules in relation to a diverse range of new business, products, and fund proposals in the region to identify and address regulatory requirements and liaise within the team and other support functions in this regard
- Horizon scanning for regulatory change, assessing the forward-looking implications for the EMEA entities based on these developments and oversight of the implementation
- Establishment of prudential frameworks across the EMEA entities and conducting second line assurance reviews
- Supporting regulatory engagement on prudential matters for the EMEA regulated entities
The role offers plenty of exposure and the opportunity to lead a team delivering strategically important pieces of work in a growing business across EMEA, and you will also have the chance to collaborate with Global teams. Your role will also involve working across various risk and finance teams ensuring strategic alignment between the EMEA and the Group where possible.
- An expert on the current UK and EU prudential regimes, including Basel, CRD / CRR, IFR / IFD and IFPR
- A subject matter expert on regulatory requirements and developments on key regulatory change projects
- Experience working for a UK/European Bank or investment firm or for a firm advising on the European prudential rules
- Ability to exercise judgement as to how the prudential rules apply to the different size and scale of entities in the EMEA group
- Ability to understand and evaluate an extensive body of rules and apply them effectively in a complex business environment
- Strong relationship management skills and an ability to interface with a broad cross-section of individuals
- Persuasive communication skills both written and verbal, confidence in being challenged and promoting a strong compliance culture
- Strong commercial orientation, with proven ability to assess a diverse range of financial service businesses and provide pro-active solutions
- Sound and considered judgement
- Ability to think critically and conceptualise abstract ideas
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
About the Risk Management Group
The Risk Management Group (RMG) is an independent, centralised unit responsible for ensuring all risk across Macquarie are appropriately assessed and managed. Its divisions include Behavioural Risk, Compliance, Credit, Financial Crime Risk, Internal Audit, Market Risk, Operational Risk, Regulatory Affairs and Aggregate Risk, and RMG Enterprise Support.
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths. An inclusive and equitable workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. At Macquarie, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you're inspired to deliver on our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’, we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter.
As an inclusive employer, Macquarie does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
Joining Macquarie means you’ll be able to work in a way that suits you best. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways. Talk to us about what working arrangements would help you thrive.