QHSE Manager - Fleete - EV - Green Investment Group EMEA
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
QHSE Manager (Fleete) - Energy Tech - EV - Green Investment Group
Join the Green Investment Group as a highly motivated QHSE Manager within our European and global e-mobility business. This is a France or UK based role. You will support the Director of Operations of Fleete, a dedicated EV charging platform business focusing on commercial electric fleets. As the QHSE Manager, you will be responsible for leading all aspects of developing, implementing and maintaining quality, health & safety and environment policies (QHSE) and other standard operating procedures, as well as standards required for the development of top class EV charging and energy infrastructure for both public and private sector B2B clients, across Europe and globally.
Reporting to the Director of Operations and working closely with the Service and Delivery teams, you will play a vital role in ensuring the highest QHSE standards are met across the business, its contractors and clients in Europe and globally.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
- Develop, maintain and improve the Fleete QHSE Management System.
- Manage internal and external QHSE teams to achieve control, monitoring and implementation of QHSE and contract governance in line with policies and procedures.
- Maintain risk registers, reviewing QHSE risks and escalating where appropriate
- Support the training and development of all staff to ensure awareness and understanding of QHSE Standards and relevant business objectives.
- Implement an emergency response plan across the company.
- Implement a robust incident management process.
- Provide a single business focus for accident and incident reporting and assist with subsequent investigation process
- Provide trend analysis to leadership to support and provide focus for driving positive behaviours and culture within the business.
- Develop Business Continuity Plans for all Service streams and participate in any table top or live drills to test the plans.
- Monitor, audit and report on QHSE performance and provide assurance to and client management teams.
- Implement and audit to achieve compliance with ISO 9001, 14001 and OHSAS 18001 and/or ISO 45001.
- Maintain quality, safety and environmental systems.
- Support the management of supply chains and compliance with QHSE standards through audit and review of operating processes and systems.
- Identify resource requirements and ensure appropriate resources.
To excel in this role, you will have held a position in a similar role, preferably within the electric mobility sector or haulage / logistics industry.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- NEBOSH Diploma in Occupational Safety & Health or equivalent (IEMA Diploma preferred)
- Robust knowledge and understanding of QHSE regulations & best practice and appropriate industry specific qualifications (NEBOSH & IEMA, Auditor Training)
- Experience of implementing and maintaining QHSE systems across a business
- Excellent IT skills (Microsoft Office etc)
- Formal quality training (IQA qualification preferred)
- Excellent organisation and management skills including communication and presentation skills
- A driven and positive outlook
- A genuine interest in being part of the smart, low carbon energy transition
- Ideally, an experience working in the UK and European markets. Associated language skills will be highly regarded.
About the Green Investment Group
Green Investment Group (GIG) is a specialist green investor within Macquarie Asset Management, and a global leader in the development of companies, assets and technologies that aim to accelerate the global transition to net zero. Initially launched by the UK Government in 2012 as the Green Investment Bank, it was the first institution of its type in the world. Acquired by Macquarie in 2017, GIG has grown to become one of the world’s largest green investors with a development pipeline of more than 30 GW in over 25 markets, spanning established renewables and emerging green technologies.
Macquarie Asset Management is a global asset manager that aims to deliver positive impact for everyone. Trusted by institutions, pension funds, governments, and individuals to manage more than $A735.5 billion/EUR459.0/GBP394.6/USD531.7 in assets globally. Macquarie Asset Management is part of Macquarie Group, a diversified financial group providing clients with asset management, finance, banking, advisory and risk and capital solutions across debt, equity, and commodities.
All figures as at 31 March 2022.
For more information, visit greeninvestmentgroup.com and macquarie.com
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths. An inclusive and equitable workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. At Macquarie, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you're inspired to deliver on our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’, we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter.
As an inclusive employer, Macquarie does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
Joining Macquarie means you’ll be able to work in a way that suits you best. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways. Talk to us about what working arrangements would help you thrive.