Full Stack Engineer
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Our Front Office technology team is a collaborative global community of technology enthusiasts who partner with the Commodities and Global Markets business and play a key role in delivering the business strategy. You will be able to see first-hand the positive impact your work has and how it supports revenue growth and operational efficiencies.
We operate in a flat structure. The members of the team are encouraged to take ownership and accountability of their work, collaborating with senior members of the business to identify new opportunities.
We encourage our team members to play multiple roles; from business analysis and requirements gathering to delivery and risk management. Through this process our team gains a better understanding of the process of product delivery and has an opportunity to develop different skills and explore different career paths.
Having a Learning Mindset is a key value of our group, and we support our staff by giving them access to a variety of learning resources such as O’Reilly and funding professional accreditations such as CloudGuru.
What You’ll Do:
- Bring your passion for developing high-quality technology solutions to our range of applications that support our Commodities and Global Markets trading group
- Take part in the full solution delivery lifecycle, working on development and delivery of in-house solutions
- Be a part of an evolving DevOps culture that gives you ownership of your solutions and applications
- Be empowered to continuously develop, so as a member of our team you will be supported to explore and grow through experimentation, hackathons, learning and community involvement
- Work with robust SDLC and Agile methodologies
Technologies You’ll Get to Work With:
- AngularJS / Angular
- Git / Bitbucket / Stash / Bamboo
- Jasmine / Karma / JUnit
To Succeed in This Role, We Think You Should Have:
- 5 or more years’ experience building and maintaining new and existing applications using AngularJS / Angular
- 5 or more years’ experience building and maintaining new and existing applications using Java and Object-Oriented software analysis and design
- A relevant tertiary qualification in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
- A good understanding of APIs and REST
- A strong bias to test-driven development (TDD) and automation (unit, feature, integration, and regression)
- A basic understanding of Unix/Linux with some experience in shell scripting
Experience with front-end frameworks and a background in the financial industry will be an added advantage.
If this sounds like the right opportunity to further your career, apply online now.
About the Corporate Operations Group
The Corporate Operations Group brings together specialist support services in Digital Transformation & Data, Technology, Operations, Human Resources, Business Services, Corporate Strategy & Solutions, and the Macquarie Group Foundation. We deliver service excellence to ensure Macquarie is open for business, deliver on transformational change, invest in our people and have deep relationships with our customers.
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths. An inclusive and equitable workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. At Macquarie, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you're inspired to deliver on our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’, we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter.
As an inclusive employer, Macquarie does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
Joining Macquarie means you’ll be able to work in a way that suits you best. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways. Talk to us about what working arrangements would help you thrive.