Treasury Analyst – Transactions & Structure
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
The Group Treasury Transactions & Structure team sits within Group Treasury. Our Group Treasury function is responsible for managing the funding, capital and liquidity position of Macquarie and comprises five functional groups: Liquidity, Funding, Capital, Transactions & Structure, and Reporting Risk Analytics and Platforms.
This team responsible for managing and optimising Macquarie’s Group structure. As a team we partner with the Funding and Capital execution for large scale internal as well as external principal transactions. We also manage legal, tax, accounting, and regulatory implications in undertaking its structuring and transactional functions.
In this exciting Analyst/Executive role, you will be supporting the team in identifying opportunities to optimise the use of funding and capital across the group, for the European entities across our organisation. You will assist with structural change to cater for business growth and respond to changes in the regulatory environment.
You will also work with various business units to structure transactions, including acquisitions and disposals, to manage the impact on balance sheet and maximise returns to Macquarie.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Assisting in responding to current and emerging regulatory change and helping develop proposals for structural change.
- Executing transactions impacting group structure such as funding, asset transfers or changes to capital structure
- Writing approvals papers and coordinating with a wide variety of stakeholders
- Ensuring the correct prudential procedures are followed and documented.
- Creating transaction models to show the impacts of different structural initiatives.
- Liaising with stakeholders across Macquarie, including the business groups, as well as working with external counterparties and advisers as required
- Presenting to senior stakeholders and the wider team to outline progress and key messages.
There will be opportunities also to create clear and succinct written materials outlining initiatives and proposals, including internal approvals documentation. Using your relationship building skills you will seek stakeholder feedback. Your day-to-day remit will also include developing and maintaining transaction timelines, checklists and issues lists, creating and reviewing basic excel models, reviewing and preparing legal and board documentation, researching regulatory standards, and formulating opinions.
Qualifications & Background
You are a highly commercial finance professional, looking to leverage your experience into a role that involves developing and implementing transactions. You are not expected to have direct experience in this area but need a willingness to learn and curious mindset. You will be enthusiastic, driven, enjoy working in a team, and have a strong controls mindset and commitment to risk management.
You will also have:
- A Relevant degree / qualifications
- experience in professional services and/or financial services
- excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- strong ability across suite of Microsoft Office products
- strong analytical and problem-solving ability and highly numerate
- a keen interest in and understanding of the banking and financial services industry.
If you have a collaborative approach, are energised by the opportunity to learn, and enjoy partnering with your clients to achieve the best outcomes, then apply today.
About the Financial Management Group
In our Financial Management Group you will be part of a team that provides strategic analysis and advice on capital, funding, liquidity, tax and financial performance to support the growth of Macquarie's businesses around the world. You will join a team that ensures Macquarie continues to meet its financial, regulatory and tax reporting compliance obligations in the jurisdictions in which we operate, and a team that maintains significant relationships on behalf of the Group.
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths. An inclusive and equitable workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. At Macquarie, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you're inspired to deliver on our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’, we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter.
As an inclusive employer, Macquarie does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
Joining Macquarie means you’ll be able to work in a way that suits you best. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways. Talk to us about what working arrangements would help you thrive.