Data Team Lead
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Interested in sustainable investing and how technology can enable it? Then this is the role for you! We have an opportunity for a lead data engineer to help us build out an ESG data hub to help Macquarie Asset Management (MAM) achieve its goal to manage its assets in line with net zero emissions by 2040. MAM’s sustainability and ESG initiatives extend well beyond climate change mitigation and resilience into broader environmental, social and governance topics, including green energy transition, biodiversity, community impact, health and safety, diversity equity and inclusion, and modern slavery, amongst other challenges and opportunities facing businesses and communities globally.
You will join a global technology organization that creates technology solutions for Macquarie’s Asset Management business (MAM). In this role, you will work as part of a multi-disciplinary scrum team to provide Macquarie Asset Management stakeholders with access to accurate and timely Environment, Social and Governance (ESG) and Sustainability information that will be used to support regulatory and client reporting and deliver insights to inform investment decision making and oversight.
This is an opportunity to have a significant impact on the business and support Macquarie Asset Management’s ambition to become a more digital and data-driven business globally and a global leader in sustainable asset management; investing to deliver positive impact for everyone.
As the Lead Engineer for the ESG Data team, you will:
- Be responsible for collecting, managing and converting raw data into information that can be interpreted by data scientists and business analysts.
- Help design and develop reusable data pipelines for ingestion and consumption through MAM’s data platform
- Help support the ESG Data team to visualize and manage this data through technology
- Have full access to Macquarie Technology’s Learning and Development platforms to refine your skills across a variety of relevant technologies to your day job
- Strong learning orientation and growth mindset.
- Experience with object-oriented programming languages such as Python, Java etc... and Databases/SQL.
- Experience with (Big) Data technologies (Spark, NoSQL, Data Lakes, etc)
- Experience with or knowledge of Agile Software Development methodologies
- Experience in cloud-based development (AWS)
- Experience working in the financial services industry
- Experience with DBT and Airflow
- Interest in Data science
- Interest in sustainable investing
Applicants with diverse backgrounds that don’t meet all requirements are encouraged to apply.
About the Corporate Operations Group
The Corporate Operations Group brings together specialist support services in Digital Transformation & Data, Technology, Operations, Human Resources, Business Services, Corporate Strategy & Solutions, and the Macquarie Group Foundation. We deliver service excellence to ensure Macquarie is open for business, deliver on transformational change, invest in our people and have deep relationships with our customers.
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths. An inclusive and equitable workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. At Macquarie, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you're inspired to deliver on our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’, we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter.
As an inclusive employer, Macquarie does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
Joining Macquarie means you’ll be able to work in a way that suits you best. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways. Talk to us about what working arrangements would help you thrive.