Senior Cloud Platform Engineer
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
The Corporate Operations Group Tech Infrastructure Team is seeking a Cloud Systems Integrator with expertise in cloud technologies, infrastructure as code and continuous delivery. You will work closely with technology teams based in EMEA and globally to transform the way applications and infrastructure are deployed and managed as part of adopting cloud solutions.
Key accountabilities will include:
- Integrate new systems into the Macquarie Group technology environment, including connectivity between the Macquarie network and counterpart networks, with a focus on cloud technologies
- Present and gain support for proposed solutions within our business aligned and senior IT stakeholders.
- Provide consultancy on application and infrastructure design. Assist the technology teams to determine which cloud environment best meets their requirements and help them in developing migration approaches and toolkits.
- Design and implement infrastructure solutions to meet business needs, leveraging infrastructure as code and continuous delivery technologies.
- Advocate cloud within COG Technology in region and engage with the global cloud integrator community throughout Macquarie to establish best practices and share solutions.
- Own and troubleshoot infrastructure-related problems including root cause analysis and resolution for cloud-based technologies.
- Provide project delivery in line with business requirements.
- Support the technology teams during infrastructure incidents and outages to determine impacts and recovery for cloud environments.
- Drive continual improvement within the infrastructure environment as well as determine the impact of change.
- Provide input into technical strategy for businesses in region, with a focus on cloud.
You will have proven technical experience in public and / or private clouds, as well as strong project execution. Experience in migrating workloads within a mutli-cloud environment is advantageous. You should possess a broad technical understanding that enables them to integrate new systems into existing environments, taking into account architectural standards, security requirements and resilience patterns.
A strong customer focus and the ability to deliver quality support and recommendations on technical infrastructure issues are key to this role.
Other skills include:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Past experience as a team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated to achieve business outcomes through collaboration
- Ability to deal with multiple tasks and work under pressure
- Flexibility to work within a dynamic, agile environment and proactively navigate conflict and changing priorities.
About the Corporate Operations Group
The Corporate Operations Group brings together specialist support services in Digital Transformation & Data, Technology, Operations, Human Resources, Business Services, Corporate Strategy & Solutions, and the Macquarie Group Foundation. We deliver service excellence to ensure Macquarie is open for business, deliver on transformational change, invest in our people and have deep relationships with our customers.
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths. An inclusive and equitable workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. At Macquarie, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you're inspired to deliver on our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’, we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter.
As an inclusive employer, Macquarie does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
Joining Macquarie means you’ll be able to work in a way that suits you best. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways. Talk to us about what working arrangements would help you thrive.