Wireless Technology Intellectual Property (IP) Specialist
Job Type: Full time
We believe in the power of ingenuity to build a positive human future in a technology-driven world.
As strategies, technologies and innovation collide, we create opportunity from complexity.
Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking and breakthrough use of technologies to progress further, faster. Our clients adapt and transform, and together we achieve enduring results.
An innovation and transformation consultancy, we are over 3,200 specialists in consumer, defence and security, energy and utilities, financial services, government, health and life sciences, manufacturing, and transport. Our people are strategists, innovators, designers, consultants, digital experts, scientists, engineers and technologists. We operate globally from offices across the UK, US, Europe, and the Nordics.
PA. Bringing Ingenuity to Life.
Our team of IP Consultants is a highly valued and respected part of PA’s Innovation division. As technology becomes increasingly complex and multidisciplinary our clients need expertise to help them navigate the intellectual property landscape. As an IP Specialist you would be using your industry specific knowledge, coupled with a strong analytical and reporting skills to:
- Capture and protect IP,
- Analyse patent portfolios,
- Review and value IP assets,
- Identifying commercialisation opportunities and
- Supporting IP litigation in conjunction with external legal specialists
This role offers fantastic breadth and learning opportunities, giving the incumbent the opportunity to work with senior consultants across a diverse range of industry sectors.
What we are looking for
As the development and implementation of 5G technologies gains momentum, we would be interested in speaking to candidates that have an active interest in this area and in general wireless telecoms. You could be from a software, data science or engineering background and be hungry for a role that will allow you to perform deep research into the IP in this area.
However, to truly enjoy this job, and the variety of projects across many industries, a broad range of interests and a desire to work in other sectors is needed. This ultimately will make the most of your proactive and analytical approach to work and will align with your aptitudes and ambition.
- Minimum 2:1 degree in Engineering, Physical Sciences, Mathematics or Computer Science
- Strong analytical, problem solving and report writing capability
- Familiarity with the aspects of intellectual property with particular focus on patents
- Familiarity with the 3GPP Technical Specifications
- Customer focus, with a professional and confident communication style
- Interest and ability to understand complex technologies
- A strong interest in how technology is commercialised and the innovation process in general
- Experience in technology commercialisation
- Experience in market mapping within the technology space
- Experience in using online analytics tools, ideally those that allow you to research patents and IP data
- A general understanding of the finances behind technology development and commercialisation
- Working individually and in teams of highly skilled consultants and engineers in a complex technical project-based environment
- Energy and enthusiasm to take on new challenges in a range of industry sectors
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Must be focused and comfortable working independently on data analysis tasks
- Able to solve problems using both logic and creative/innovative approaches
- Numerate and highly computer literate, with excellent analytical skills
- Able to plan and prioritise, work to deadlines and under pressure
Inclusion & Diversity
We believe that diversity makes us a stronger firm and look to employ people with different ideas, styles and skill sets. This diversity stimulates a rich, creative environment – one in which our people develop, and our clients enjoy enduring results. We’re committed to recruiting, promoting and rewarding our people solely based on their ability to contribute to PA’s goals, without regard to their sex, race, disability, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
Should you need any adjustments to the recruitment process, at either application or interview, please contact us on email@example.com