Electronics Engineering Consultant
Job Type: Full time
We’re an innovation and transformation consultancy that believes in the power of ingenuity to build a positive-human future in a technology-driven world. Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking with breakthrough-technologies to progress further, faster.
Are you a Electronics Engineer, excited by the opportunity of working in a multi-disciplinary environment across a diverse range of industries?
Are you seeking the opportunity to take ideas from concept to prototype and to make a difference for PA’s clients?
At PA Consulting Group we have a unique combination of industry expertise and engineering capability. At our dedicated Technology Centre in Cambridge UK, we develop award-winning products and manufacturing processes, helping clients understand and use technology more effectively.
We are looking for an Electronics Engineer to join our growing team at our technology centre in Melbourn, Herts.
The role will involve working closely with your colleagues and our clients on a wide range of assignments. You will be an important part of developing creative technical solutions for break-out products and manufacturing processes, contributing your expertise in electronic engineering. Your role may range from creating a novel wirelessly connected product, developing a high performance data processor to designing an innovative medical device.
Our clients need us to work at the cutting edge and you will be ready to help.
The ideal candidate will have industrial exposure as an electronics engineer and will also possess the necessary technical breadth and interest to relish the range of opportunities provided in a consulting environment.
Technical skills (Essential):
- Analogue/digital circuit design
- Including high speed and low power
- Embedded systems design
- should have strong practical skills and experience of debugging electronic systems on the bench
Technical skills (desirable):
- Low power design and power electronics
- DSP, FPGA
- Micro-controllers, micro-processors
- Embedded software in C
- Communication systems
- Volume design experience
- Energy and enthusiasm to take on new challenges in a diverse range of industry sectors coupled with the ability to innovate and think freely
- Proven track record of working in technology teams on complex project-based assignments
This is a great chance to use your knowledge of electronics engineering across a wide range of industry sectors and problem spaces.
- Degree qualified – minimum 2:1 (Electronic Engineering or related subject)
- Chartered engineer (desirable, but not essential)
Private medical insurance
- Travel allowance
- 25 days annual leave with the opportunity to buy 5 additional days
- Company pension scheme
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Life and Income protection insurance
- Tax efficient benefits (cycle to work, give as you earn)
- Additional optional benefits (Dental, critical illness, spouse/partner life assurance)
We believe in the power of ingenuity to build a positive human future in a technology-driven world.
As strategies, technologies and innovation collide, we create opportunity from complexity.
Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking and breakthrough use of technologies to progress further, faster. Our clients adapt and transform, and together we achieve enduring results.
PA. Bringing Ingenuity to Life.
We believe that diversity makes us a stronger firm and look to employ people with different ideas, styles and skillsets. This diversity stimulates a rich, creative environment – one in which our people develop, and our clients enjoy enduring results. We’re committed to recruiting, promoting and rewarding our people solely based on their ability to contribute to PA’s goals, without regard to their sex, race, disability, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
We welcome international applications, but we are unable to offer sponsorship for work permits, so you will need to have the full right to live and work in the UK. Unfortunately, your application will be automatically rejected if you do not have these rights.
Should you need any adjustments to the recruitment process, at either application or interview, please contact us on email@example.com