Job Type: Full time
We believe in the power of ingenuity to build a positive human future in a technology-driven world.
As strategies, technologies and innovation collide, we create opportunity from complexity.
Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking and breakthrough use of technologies to progress further, faster. Our clients adapt and transform, and together we achieve enduring results.
An innovation and transformation consultancy, we are 3,300 specialists in consumer and manufacturing, defence and security, energy and utilities, financial services, government and public services, health and life sciences, and transport. Our people are strategists, innovators, designers, consultants, digital experts, scientists, engineers and technologists. We operate globally from offices across the UK, US, Netherlands and Nordics.
PA. Bringing Ingenuity to Life.
Your role will be to assist the Facilities Team with providing a safe, secure and high-quality environment for our People, contractors and visitors. The role will assist with ensuring the Global Innovation Technology Centre is compliant on all levels and that all the services both internal and external run efficiently and effectively in order to provide the highest level of service possible.
The position will require flexible working.
- Working as part of the Facilities Team to maintain a clean, tidy, safe, and efficiently run building and provision of on-site support services for staff.
- Work in the Facilities Team ensuring safe provision of facilities, services and on-site maintenance.
- Carry out in-house general site tasks & small DIY repairs.
- To receive deliveries, log them and deliver to relevant parties.
- Assist with supervision of contractors and associated on-site works.
- To be aware of the day-to-day health & safety requirements surrounding the work areas and site, ensuring the areas are kept clean, tidy and H&S Compliant.
- Assist with planning and carrying out of internal office moves as required.
- Provide guidance to staff as regards DSE and desk set up (Training will be provided)
- Porter type duties as required, i.e., setting up/reinstating of meeting rooms, and or café space, ensuring all meeting rooms & equipment are kept clean, tidy & fit for purpose.
- Promoting a Safe working environment and support PA Facilities and Health & Safety function in ensuring compliance with proposed standard certification by ensuring all H&S procedures are adhered to.
- Carry out all relevant daily/weekly/monthly safety and housekeeping inspections & tests as required and record findings.
- Flexible approach to working hours depending on the demands of the job.
- Be available as an emergency contact in the event of any out of hour’s facilities issues.
- Assist with, and carry out, any ad hoc works that may be required from time to time.
- Any other duties as dictated by the business.
- Previous experience in Facilities Assistant role or similar
- Basic Knowledge of health and safety and related issues
- Good communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Understanding of building maintenance requirements and the ability to undertake minor repairs
- Private medical insurance
- 25 days annual leave with the opportunity to buy 5 additional days
- Company pension scheme
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Life and Income protection insurance
- Tax efficient benefits (cycle to work, give as you earn)
- Additional optional benefits (Dental, critical illness, spouse/partner life assurance)
Inclusion & Diversity
We believe that diversity makes us a stronger firm and look to employ people with different ideas, styles and skill sets. This diversity stimulates a rich, creative environment – one in which our people develop, and our clients enjoy enduring results. We’re committed to recruiting, promoting and rewarding our people solely based on their ability to contribute to PA’s goals, without regard to their sex, race, disability, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.