Cyber Transformation Consultant - Energy & Utilities
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
**Please note we are recruiting this opportunity for 2023 start date**
We believe in the power of ingenuity to build a positive human future.
As strategies, technologies and innovation collide, we create opportunity from complexity.
Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking and breakthrough use of technologies to progress further, faster. Our clients adapt and transform, and together we achieve enduring results.
An innovation and transformation consultancy, we are over 4000 specialists in consumer and manufacturing, defence and security, energy and utilities, financial services, government and public services, health and life sciences, and transport. Our people are strategists, innovators, designers, consultants, digital experts, scientists, engineers and technologists.
We operate globally from offices across the UK, US, Netherlands and Nordics.
PA. Bringing Ingenuity to Life
Every organisation wants to improve the way it works and make best use of new technology. This is particularly the case in the energy and utilities sector which is adopting digitisation, automation, and artificial intelligence to harness efficiencies to deliver smart energy systems. All of this needs to be done in a way where cyber security risks are understood and appropriately managed to protect our changing energy systems and critical infrastructures.
As PA expands our Cyber Transformation capability we are looking for dynamic and compelling individuals, with strong sector experience, who can help clients understand the potential benefits of trusted digitisation enabled by digital trust and good cyber security.
Our Energy and Utilities Sector specialists understand how to help governments, regulators, utility operators and supply chain entities develop and put into action a digital trust and cyber security strategy that enables them to build the organisation they need for the future, and make sure that it is secure by design.
Joining this innovative and creative team, you want to develop yourself in technology and digital delivery in the energy and utilities sector and beyond, and build our ability to solve our clients most complex business challenges in the digital age.
Essential skills & experience
- Experience of Digital Trust & Cyber Security within the Energy and Utilities Sector
- Ability to work with government, regulator, utility operators and supply chain clients, helping them to understand and address cyber security risks
- Ability to assist clients structure their thinking in order to identify key requirements, challenges, opportunities and aspirations for the organisation including business analysis, requirements capture, running workshops and providing critical thinking
- Ability to construct robust arguments that may be at odds with initial client stated positions
- Ability to develop tailored management reports which will stand up to scrutiny
- Risk management experience aligned to ISO27005 or equivalent
- Demonstrable experience of ISO27001, NIST Cyber Security Framework, NCSC NIS CAF etc.
- Strong interpersonal and stakeholder engagement skills
- Self-starting and curious about clients’ challenges and the potential new technology offers
- Genuine interest in new technology, digitisation and cyber security and how it can help organisations achieve their goals
- Trusted and respected team player with the ability to work in and contribute to a highly effective team that delivers client outcomes and develops the team and individuals.
Desirable skills & experience
- Experience of conducting independent cyber security assurance and cyber transformation
- Relevant Cyber Security accreditations / qualifications
- Well-developed report writing skills
- Knowledge of current and future challenges in an energy transition context including smart infrastructure and Cloud implementations
- Appreciation of the Smart Energy Code, Retail Energy Code and other regulatory standards in a security resilience context.
Inclusion & Diversity
We believe that diversity makes us a stronger firm and look to employ people with different ideas, styles and skill sets. This diversity stimulates a rich, creative environment – one in which our people develop, and our clients enjoy enduring results. We’re committed to recruiting, promoting and rewarding our people solely based on their ability to contribute to PA’s goals, without regard to their sex, race, disability, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
Should you need any adjustments to the recruitment process, at either application or interview, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org