Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
- We work flexibly at PA, but your work base will be whichever of the following offices is nearest to you: Cambridge, London, Bristol, Manchester or Edinburgh
- Full-time or part-time
You must already possess the unconditional right to live and work in the UK as well as be eligible for SC clearance.
Systems Insight & Solutions at PA
Our Systems Insight and Solutions team combine deep industry insights with innovative systems approaches and methods to help organisations achieve exceptional results that have a lasting impact on businesses, communities, and people worldwide. Our Business Analysts play a key role in delivering practical solutions which help to achieve these results. We are looking for Business Analysts across a variety of levels who wish to develop their career. You will be a part of a team providing direction, guidance, and support to both clients and PA's wider business.
Business Analysts at PA work on some of the most exciting and diverse projects across dozens of clients. We have been crucial in the delivery of large-scale defence platforms, the development of cutting-edge transport solutions which are shaped by the requirements of modern societies, and helped to deliver the Ventilator Challenge in 2020. These are just a few examples of some of the inspiring and ground-breaking work we do.
The scope of your involvement with projects will be vast and varied, helping organisations to define their needs and optimise their business. You will have the opportunity to:
- Work with our clients to define and steer business analysis workstreams across programmes and projects
- Tailor PA's business analysis framework to meet the specific needs of a client environment
- Work with clients to ensure processes are defined and requirements are captured and managed effectively
- Help clients build a compelling case for change and manage transformation in a controlled and effective way
- Provide support to programme and project implementation
- Perform assurance reviews of client's capabilities, drawing on PA's business analysis assurance framework and supported by your own business analysis experience
- Develop personal knowledge and skills by attending and delivering training
Ideally, you will have:
- A minimum of two years' experience of working as a Business Analyst, or in relevant areas in:
- Defence and Security,
- Health and Life Sciences
- Energy and Utilities
- Public Services
- The ability to articulate the approaches, tools, and responsibilities of a business analyst
- Exceptional stakeholder management skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills to build strong relationships with top-level stakeholders
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Excellent written skills
- A desire to support PA's internal capabilities and develop PA's Business Analysis expertise
Desirable experience includes:
- Process modelling, capturing business requirements, performing gap analyses, and devising strategies to tackle complex challenges
- Practical know-how and knowledge in business analysis and industry recognised tools and techniques
- Ability to mediate between low-level technical detail and higher-level objectives
- Working as a BA in a scrum team and supporting product owners to articulate business needs across epics, features and user stories
- Facilitating workshops and interviews with key stakeholders to elicit requirements and key information
- Thorough understanding of different delivery models including Waterfall and Agile
- Understanding of test approaches and experience in supporting testing activities, including development and execution of test scripts
- Certifications in Business Analysis (e.g., BCS)
- Defining the business analysis approach for large scale programmes and complex procurements
- Leading teams of business analysts to deliver programme outcomes
- Experience of coaching and developing teams to adopt business analysis approaches and frameworks
This is a fantastic opportunity to grow and develop yourself and your career at PA, so we are also looking for excellent interpersonal skills and the drive to succeed.
We offer the opportunity to work on purposeful projects with incredible people, competitive salary, pension and bonus scheme, clear pathways to progression, and a thriving learning culture. Benefits include:
- Consistent training, development and career progression
- Flexible healthcare plans for you and your family
- Competitive leave allowances
- Access to a range of networks, centring LGBTQ+ people, women, people from minority ethnic backgrounds, and more.
It’s an environment that is energetic and fast-paced, that values collaboration, curiosity and treating people fairly. If that sounds like somewhere you want to work, get in touch.
Should you need any adjustments to the recruitment process — at any time — don’t hesitate to contact us on email@example.com