Project, Programme and Portfolio Managers and Business Case Experts - PST
Location: Bristol City
Job Type: Full time
We believe in the power of ingenuity to build a positive human future.
As strategies, technologies and innovation collide, we create opportunity from complexity.
Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking and breakthrough use of technologies to progress further, faster. Our clients adapt and transform, and together we achieve enduring results.
An innovation and transformation consultancy, we are over 4000 specialists in consumer and manufacturing, defence and security, energy and utilities, financial services, government and public services, health and life sciences, and transport. Our people are strategists, innovators, designers, consultants, digital experts, scientists, engineers and technologists.
We operate globally from offices across the UK, US, Netherlands and Nordics.
PA. Bringing Ingenuity to Life.
- Do you enjoy working on complex and challenging projects, programmes and portfolios, delivering real and meaningful value?
- Are you keen to work with client teams to build delivery capability and delivery excellence?
- Would you be motivated by working collaboratively with diverse project teams, often with a mix of both colleagues and clients?
- Would you like to help shape and secure some of Defence’s and wider Public Sector major spending commitments?
- Is being able to shape your own career pathway and support the development of others important to you?
If so, our Professional Services Team (PST) role could be for you!
We are a rapidly growing innovation and transformation consultancy that believes in the power of ingenuity to build a positive-human future in a technology-driven world. Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking with breakthrough-technologies to progress further, faster
The PST Team
The Professional Services Team (PST) is in high demand and experiencing repeated successes in delivering value and excellence for our clients who are within daily commuting range from home. Due to this success, we are expanding further across the UK.
PST make up part of PA’s core Delivery Team which is PA’s Centre of Excellence for all project, programme, and portfolio capability.
Within this core delivery team sits PST which works across Defence, major projects & infrastructure, transport, and public sector taking on client-facing roles on long-term assignments and working alongside consultancy teams.
We specialise in P3M, Project Controls, Defence and wider Public Sector Business Cases, Systems Engineering and Logistics, and we are looking to deepen and broaden these capabilities.
To rise to the challenge of this Project, Programme/Portoflio Manager role, you will bring an academic background and P3M experience, ideally in major complex projects or technology programmes with exposure to Agile. You will have a strong delivery track record, with supporting PMO & Project Controls capability and use of tools/frameworks, preferably with qualifications such as Prince2, MSP or AgilePM. You will be an expert or will be happy to develop a deep expertise in a particular capability.
You will be keen to embrace continual training and development and will be able to develop effective business cases, possess strong analytical skills, be comfortable in taking data and turning it into digestible information, as well as being an excellent communicator. You will be happy to work on long-term assignments and build long-lasting, trusted relationships with key clients.
We are seeking to grow our team by recruiting talented individuals with experience across all types of projects, programmes and change.
We are looking for candidates with the potential to become future project and programme leaders, with skills and experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Experience of delivery in project and programme environments, with an understanding of P3M methodologies, processes, techniques and common challenges
- Experience of the MOD business case and Approvals process, specifically complex Cat A business cases
- A track record of realising business benefits and outcomes
- Ability to work across multiple levels of an organisation
- An aptitude for delivering creative and ingenious solutions
We offer the opportunity to work on purposeful projects with incredible people, competitive salary, pension and bonus scheme, clear pathways to progression, and a thriving learning culture. Benefits include:
- The opportunity to work on purposeful projects with incredible people
- Flexible healthcare plans for you and your family
- Competitive leave allowances and holiday buy back
- A wide range of internal and external training programmes
- 3 days’ volunteering for a charity of your choice through our ‘Give as You Earn’ scheme
- We adopt a hybrid model at PA, but your office base will be in the location nearest to you: Bristol, Cheltenham, Manchester or Edinburgh
- Access to a range of networks, centring LGBTQ+ people, women, people from minority ethnic backgrounds, and more
Inclusion & Diversity
We believe that diversity makes us a stronger firm and look to employ people with different ideas, styles and skill sets. This diversity stimulates a rich, creative environment – one in which our people develop, and our clients enjoy enduring results. We’re committed to recruiting, promoting and rewarding our people solely based on their ability to contribute to PA’s goals, without regard to their sex, race, disability, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
Should you need any adjustments to the recruitment process, at either application or interview, please contact us on email@example.com