Job Type: Full time
We believe in the power of ingenuity to build a positive human future in a technology-driven world.
As strategies, technologies and innovation collide, we create opportunity from complexity.
Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking and breakthrough use of technologies to progress further, faster. Our clients adapt and transform, and together we achieve enduring results.
An innovation and transformation consultancy, we are 3,300 specialists in consumer and manufacturing, defence and security, energy and utilities, financial services, government and public services, health and life sciences, and transport. Our people are strategists, innovators, designers, consultants, digital experts, scientists, engineers and technologists. We operate globally from offices across the UK, US, Netherlands and Nordics.
Our hybrid way of working is designed to help you plan your work and your life. We want decisions about ‘where to work’ to be governed by ‘the work we need to do’ – whether that’s at client sites, offices/labs/studios, or remotely from home.
We have five principles which will help us balance both creating a high-performance culture that delivers for our clients and the firm, and being understanding and inclusive to individuals, and the teams in which we all work. Our principles are: we put your safety first; we trust PA people; we respect difference; we are responsive to clients and we are responsive to individuals and teams.
PA. Bringing Ingenuity to Life.
Full secretarial support to three Partners
- Diary Management - Organisation of complex diary and international travel arrangements across multiple time zones and complying with visa requirements. Liaising with both internal and external clients, including senior stakeholders across PA.
- Inbox Management - Reviewing incoming e-mails/phone calls and dealing with these appropriately, gate keeping when needed.
- Time Management – Manage and prioritise workload, acting on your initiative to complete tasks.
- Submission of expenses - ensuring these are submitted promptly complying with company policy.
- Support to the wider consultant team - booking rooms and visitors, catering and travel booking support.
- Support to client facing propositions and initiatives lead by the partners you will support such as arranging internal team meetings, promoting external client events, preparing documents, action taking/tracking and printing/binding documents.
- General administrative tasks and support to practice-wide tasks such as ordering gifts, stationary, and updating organisation charts.
- Administration tasks such as raising and receipting purchasing orders, updating leave requests, formatting documents, proof-reading proposals and providing additional administration support where required.
- Initiating the new suppliers and sub-contractors process, liaising with security and legal functions to ensure these are set up and clearances are met.
- Responding to queries, chasing deadlines and ensuring internal budgets and policies are adhered to.
- Provide ad hoc cover for team members during leave or sickness absence.
- A good level of secretarial and administrative experience, preferably in a large organisation
- Broad knowledge of complex diary management
- Relationship builder, friendly and personable with a positive outlook
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Proactive, with a commitment to quality, accuracy and close attention to detail
- Effective communication skills
- Proven planning and organisation skills with ability to work to tight deadlines
- Ability to prioritise, work under pressure to tight deadlines and adapt to change, able to prioritise and multi-task.
- Private medical insurance
- 25 days annual leave with the opportunity to buy 5 additional days
- Company pension scheme
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Life and Income protection insurance
- Tax efficient benefits (cycle to work, give as you earn)
- Additional optional benefits (dental, critical illness, spouse/partner life assurance)
Our approach to Inclusion and Diversity is a key enabler to our purpose - ‘Bringing Ingenuity to Life’. At PA, we are committed to creating a supportive culture where our people can thrive. To bring ingenuity to life for our clients we need people with different perspectives who think innovatively. We are on a journey to create an ever more inclusive place to work, where we all feel supported and can be ourselves.
We want our people to experience a working environment that promotes dignity, equality and respect for all. In terms of recruitment, we believe diversity makes us a stronger firm and we look to employ people with different ideas, styles and skillsets. This diversity stimulates a rich, creative environment – one in which our people develop, and our clients enjoy enduring results. We’re committed to recruiting, promoting and rewarding our people solely based on their ability to contribute to PA’s goals, without regard to their sex, race, disability, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
* Please note you must already have the unconditional right to live and work in the UK. We welcome international applications, but we are unable to offer sponsorship for work permits, so you will need to have the full right to live and work in the UK. Unfortunately, your application will be automatically rejected if you do not have these rights.