Commercial & Procurement Specialist
Location: Bristol City
Job Type: Full time
We believe in the power of ingenuity to build a positive human future.
As strategies, technologies and innovation collide, we create opportunity from complexity.
Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking and breakthrough use of technologies to progress further, faster. Our clients adapt and transform, and together we achieve enduring results.
An innovation and transformation consultancy, we are over 4000 specialists in consumer and manufacturing, defence and security, energy and utilities, financial services, government and public services, health and life sciences, and transport. Our people are strategists, innovators, designers, consultants, digital experts, scientists, engineers and technologists.
We operate globally from offices across the UK, US, Netherlands and Nordics.
PA. Bringing Ingenuity to Life.
The Professional Services Team (PST) is in high demand and experiencing repeated successes in delivering value and excellence for our clients who are within daily commuting range from home. Due to this success, we are expanding further into South Wales, and along the M4 corridor, in the Midlands, and Glasgow/Edinburgh.
The Professional Services Team (PST)
PST make up part of PA’s core Delivery Team which is PA’s Centre of Excellence for all project, programme, and portfolio capability. Within this core delivery team sits PST which works across defence, infrastructure, transport, and public sector taking on client-facing roles on long-term assignments and working alongside consultancy teams.
We specialise in P3M, Project Controls, Business Cases, Systems Engineering and Logistics, and we are looking to deepen and broaden these capabilities.
PST consultants are in high demand and experiencing repeated successes in delivering value and excellence for our clients who are within daily commuting range from home. Due to this success, we are expanding further into South Wales, and along the M4 corridor, in the Midlands, and Glasgow/Edinburgh.
We are seeking a procurement and commercial specialist. You may be a government commercial officer, or working as a category manager or senior commercial officer in a private business. You will have had responsibility for procurement or contract management of £multi-millions of your organisation’s money to secure great outcomes. You are likely to have great relationships skills, and the ability to design and deliver great benefits through well-managed £multi-million procurements.
This is an opportunity to develop your skills and gain experiences that will take you into the top levels of the profession. Experience will include:
- Working with large and complex procurements, in any or all of equipment, digital services and infrastructure.
- Understanding of the procurement lifecycle and comfort around: identifying procurement and commercial strategies; running the processes of sourcing; managing the evaluation of tenders; helping to negotiate and close deals; and properly managing major contracts.
- Experience advising on contract terms and designing agreements to drive the best from a particular market.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including recognising how to manage multiple stakeholders
- Experience with major government procurements, including the approvals processes, is highly desired
- Familiarity using NEC contract forms would be an advantage
- Ideally possessing MCIPS or MRICS Chartered status
- Project management or financial management skills; this would be an advantage but can be learned.
We offer the opportunity to work on purposeful projects with incredible people, competitive salary, pension and bonus scheme, clear pathways to progression, and a thriving learning culture. Benefits include:
- A wide range of internal and external training/certification programmes
- We adopt a hybrid model at PA, but your office base will be in the location nearest to you: Bristol, Cheltenham, Manchester or Edinburgh
- Flexible healthcare plans for you and your family
- Competitive leave allowances
- Flexible WFH / WFO policy
- 3 days’ volunteering for a charity of your choice through our ‘Give as You Earn’ scheme
- Access to a range of networks, centring LGBTQ+ people, women, people from minority ethnic backgrounds, and more
Inclusion & Diversity
We believe that diversity makes us a stronger firm and look to employ people with different ideas, styles and skill sets. This diversity stimulates a rich, creative environment – one in which our people develop, and our clients enjoy enduring results. We’re committed to recruiting, promoting and rewarding our people solely based on their ability to contribute to PA’s goals, without regard to their sex, race, disability, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
Should you need any adjustments to the recruitment process, at either application or interview, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org