Project, Programme, Portfolio Manager - Consultant
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
We believe in the power of ingenuity to build a positive human future.
As strategies, technologies and innovation collide, we create opportunity from complexity.
Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking and breakthrough use of technologies to progress further, faster. Our clients adapt and transform, and together we achieve enduring results.
An innovation and transformation consultancy, we are over 4000 specialists in consumer and manufacturing, defence and security, energy and utilities, financial services, government and public services, health and life sciences, and transport. Our people are strategists, innovators, designers, consultants, digital experts, scientists, engineers and technologists.
We operate globally from offices across the UK, US, Netherlands and Nordics.
PA. Bringing Ingenuity to Life.
- Do you enjoy working on complex and challenging projects, programmes and portfolios, delivering real and meaningful value?
- Are you keen to work with client teams to build delivery capability and delivery excellence?
- Would you be motivated by working collaboratively with diverse project teams, often with a mix of both colleagues and clients?
- Is being able to shape your own career pathway and support the development of others important to you?
If so, our Delivery consultant role could be for you!
Our Delivery Team is PA’s Centre of Excellence for all project, programme and portfolio capability. The team has a great reputation for realising high value outcomes for our clients by supporting and leading delivery across the most critical projects, programmes and portfolios. Developing meaningful and long-standing partnerships with our clients, the team also has an extensive track record of providing crucial advisory services and building delivery capability and delivery excellence for client teams at all levels.
Our growing team covers the full spectrum of delivery expertise. Our experience ranges from supporting highly complex business transformations, to delivering ‘harder’ infrastructure and engineering projects, through to providing deep technical expertise on IT and technology driven change. Our team operates across a number of sectors, and there are opportunities to work in industries including Defence & Security, Health, Transport, Financial Services, Consumer, Energy & Utilities and Public Services. We are able to provide deep sector insight and bring fresh perspectives to delivery challenges.
We are currently working on a number of exciting assignments, including;
- Establishing a brand-new business unit for the Financial Ombudsman Service to manage millions of PPI mis-selling claims
- Helping a Global Pharmaceutical Company double their production volume of medical devices
- Partnering with the National Crime Agency, supporting their strategic transformation to combat serious and organised crime
- Transforming Ariad Pharmaceuticals’ technology platforms and services to accelerate lung cancer drug research and treatments
- Managing key transformation programmes in the NHS to improve patient care and sustainability.
We are seeking to grow our team by recruiting talented individuals with experience across all types of projects, programmes and change.
We are looking for candidates with the potential to become future project and programme leaders, with skills and experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Core experience of delivery in project and programme environments, with an understanding of delivery/change methodologies, processes, techniques and common challenges
- A track record of realising business benefits and outcomes
- The ability to demonstrate leadership skills in large and diverse project teams
- Ability to work across multiple levels of an organisation
- An aptitude for delivering creative and ingenious solutions
The ideal candidate will also have:
- Experience working in one of the following sectors:
- Defence and Security
- Transport Travel and Logistics
- Public Services
- Financial Services
- Health and Life Sciences
- An interest in developing new business (this activity can take a number of different forms depending on relative experience and rank)
- Excellent interpersonal and team working skills
- A drive for personal and professional progression
Our Delivery consultants are expected to be hands-on, working together with our clients to bring energy, direction and expertise in helping to solve the most difficult delivery challenges. Whether it be facilitating workshops, providing detailed project planning or helping to manage complex and senior stakeholders, we pride ourselves on partnering with clients, providing a service that delivers real and long lasting value.
In addition to the formal benefits set out below, we are passionate about the personal and career development of all of our consultants. Our team is committed to providing the opportunities, support, training and coaching required at all levels to ensure our consultants can all achieve their potential.
- Private medical insurance
- Travel allowance
- 25 days annual leave with the opportunity to buy 5 additional days
- Company pension scheme
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Life and Income protection insurance
- Tax efficient benefits (cycle to work, give as you earn)
- Additional optional benefits (Dental, critical illness, spouse/partner life assurance)
Inclusion & Diversity
We believe that diversity makes us a stronger firm and look to employ people with different ideas, styles and skill sets. This diversity stimulates a rich, creative environment – one in which our people develop, and our clients enjoy enduring results. We’re committed to recruiting, promoting and rewarding our people solely based on their ability to contribute to PA’s goals, without regard to their sex, race, disability, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
Should you need any adjustments to the recruitment process, at either application or interview, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org