Project Manager – Financial Services
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
We believe in the power of ingenuity to build a positive human future.
As strategies, technologies and innovation collide, we create opportunity from complexity.
Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking and breakthrough use of technologies to progress further, faster. Our clients adapt and transform, and together we achieve enduring results.
An innovation and transformation consultancy, we are over 4000 specialists in consumer and manufacturing, defence and security, energy and utilities, financial services, government and public services, health and life sciences, and transport. Our people are strategists, innovators, designers, consultants, digital experts, scientists, engineers and technologists.
We operate globally from offices across the UK, US, Netherlands and Nordics.
PA. Bringing Ingenuity to Life.
Our Delivery Team is PA’s Centre of Excellence for all project, programme and portfolio capabilities. This growing team covers the full spectrum of delivery expertise. Our experience ranges from supporting highly complex business transformations, to delivering infrastructure and engineering projects, through to providing deep technical expertise on finance driven change.
As a Project Manager you will be hands-on, working together with our clients to bring energy, direction and expertise in helping to solve the most difficult delivery challenges. Whether it be facilitating workshops, providing detailed project planning or helping to manage complex and senior stakeholder groups. We are looking for candidates with the potential to become future project and programme leaders to grow our expanding Technology Delivery team.
Delivery Makes a Difference
During the Covid pandemic, our Delivery Team led the UK Ventilator Challenge on behalf of the UK government. With more than 5,000 companies and 7,500 people, joining forces to save lives on the NHS front line, PA supported one of the largest mobilisations of innovation, science and engineering since the Second World War.
As a result, PA won the “Contribution to the Profession: Consultancy” award at the annual Association for Project Management Awards 2020. The award is testament to the ingenuity and effort of the PA team, who bring together diverse expertise to shape and deliver our clients’ most complex programmes to help them progress further, faster and achieve enduring results.
In the Financial Services sector, PA leads complex delivery for all types of organisations, from central banks to regional building societies, asset managers to global banks and insurers.
To rise to the challenge that this Project Manager role brings, qualifications such as Prince2, MSP & APM should be backed with ambition, commitment and a solid experience of delivery in project and programme environments. You should also have an excellent understanding of delivery/change methodologies, processes, techniques and an understanding of the challenges faced by clients in the Financial Services sector.
Alongside aptitude for delivering creative and ingenious solutions, we also look for capability to demonstrate leadership skills in large and diverse project teams and the skills to work across multiple levels of an organisation. Experience in working with financial institutions is essential along with excellent interpersonal team working skills.
Other experience will include:
- Familiarity with Financial Services Regulation and a financial services background, but recognising that resilience principles apply across sector
- Experience of delivering digital transformation in core banking platforms and payments systems
- Core experience of leading delivery in IT project and programme environments, with an understanding of delivery, change and operational methodologies, processes, techniques and common challenges
- Delivering or working on rollouts of new or existing ERPs (Oracle, SAP, etc.)
- Experience in integration of existing on-premise applications to Cloud based tools
- Full software delivery circle, test and change management within both Agile and Waterfall methods of working
- Finance strategy, scoping and case for change (incl. financial business case)
- Experience of managing change projects or programmes involving enterprise resource planning applications, including but not limited to Oracle, SAP, Unit4.
- Experience of managing multiple suppliers to deliver an end-to-end solution
- Knowledge and experience of delivery using Cloud platforms and associated technologies (e.g. AWS, Google, Azure, VMWare etc.)
- IT service transition experience within programmes or projects
- Experience of conducting digital and IT programme, project and operational assurance reviews
We offer the opportunity to work on purposeful projects with incredible people, competitive salary, pension and bonus scheme, clear pathways to progression, and a thriving learning culture. Benefits include:
- A wide range of internal and external training/certification programmes
- We adopt a hybrid model at PA, but your office base will be in the location nearest to you: London, Bristol, Cheltenham, Manchester or Edinburgh
- Competitive leave allowances
- Flexible WFH / WFO policy
- 3 days’ volunteering for a charity of your choice through our ‘Give as You Earn’ scheme
- The opportunity to work on purposeful projects in the Financial Services sector and benefiting from consistent support, training and career development
- Flexible healthcare plans for you and your family
- Access to a range of networks, centring LGBTQ+ people, women, people from minority ethnic backgrounds, and more
Inclusion & Diversity
We believe that diversity makes us a stronger firm and look to employ people with different ideas, styles and skill sets. This diversity stimulates a rich, creative environment – one in which our people develop, and our clients enjoy enduring results. We’re committed to recruiting, promoting and rewarding our people solely based on their ability to contribute to PA’s goals, without regard to their sex, race, disability, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
Should you need any adjustments to the recruitment process, at either application or interview, please contact us on email@example.com