Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
We believe in the power of ingenuity to build a positive human future in a technology-driven world.
As strategies, technologies and innovation collide, we create opportunity from complexity.
Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking and breakthrough use of technologies to progress further, faster. Our clients adapt and transform, and together we achieve enduring results.
An innovation and transformation consultancy, we are 3,300 specialists in consumer and manufacturing, defence and security, energy and utilities, financial services, government and public services, health and life sciences, and transport. Our people are strategists, innovators, designers, consultants, digital experts, scientists, engineers and technologists. We operate globally from offices across the UK, US, Netherlands and Nordics.
Our hybrid way of working is designed to help you plan your work and your life. We want decisions about ‘where to work’ to be governed by ‘the work we need to do’ – whether that’s at client sites, offices/labs/studios, or remotely from home.
We have five principles which will help us balance both creating a high-performance culture that delivers for our clients and the firm, and being understanding and inclusive to individuals, and the teams in which we all work. Our principles are: we put your safety first; we trust PA people; we respect difference; we are responsive to clients and we are responsive to individuals and teams.
PA. Bringing Ingenuity to Life.
Become part of the Team
The global marketing team helps PA consultants raise their profile and generate business development opportunities by:
- ensuring existing and prospect clients have a consistent understanding of PA and its work;
- increasing the quality and seniority of PA’s client relationships by tailoring strategies, propositions and communications;
- using media coverage to engage with clients and prospects.
The PR Manager is responsible for the implementation of strategic PR initiatives to build PA’s profile with national and specialist media in PA’s target sectors and services in the UK.
We are looking for an established PR manager with solid media relations experience and a strong track record in design or professional services. They will have experience of using research and thought leadership for PR campaigns and will be able to identify, adapt and write content that will appeal to the media.
We want someone who can influence and inspire confidence at a senior level in PA and comfortably sell ideas to journalists. They will have strong relationships across the business media and good networking skills to develop new relationships among target media. The candidate must be able to critically review content, restructure and produce clear, compelling narrative. They must possess excellent writing skills and have a track record of delivering tangible media results.
The right candidate will be a high-energy PR manager who can work to deadlines, multi-task and prioritise their workload. Being a self-starter is vital and they must have the tenacity, drive and initiative to manage PA’s variety of stakeholders. We require a candidate with the ability to understand the role of media relations within the wider communications mix to drive results.
The role includes but is not limited to:
- Market knowledge: identify and understand the UK media landscape, its requirements and PA’s ability to exploit these. Identify key target journalists and maintain relationships.
- Design and digital experience: have experience or an appetite to immerse themselves in design media as PA grows its expertise in this area.
- PR campaigns – direction and execution: work with sector and service marketing teams and consultants to design, deliver and evaluate a programme of creative, responsive, and news driven PR campaigns.
- A digitally driven PR approach: be across the digital media, new podcasts, evolving online targets and the social space.
- Content review and editing: critically review and edit media content. As well as journalist pitches and press releases this will include thought leadership campaign ideas and assets - assessing newsworthiness of survey ideas and questionnaires as well as reviewing report write ups.
- Writing compelling content: writing compelling pitches, media submissions and press releases which reflect the news agenda and PA’s brand. Distilling complex messages into compelling media content.
- Social media: Constantly updating their approach to social to reflect the changing nature of media engagement. Monitoring target journalists and publications on Twitter.
- Planning, strategy and budget: support the Global Head of PR to develop a region-level PR plans, strategy and budget for the UK.
- Press office: manage the corporate press office and monitor media coverage. Support the Global Head of PR with corporate announcements and sensitive PR issues.
- Internal marketing: ensure media coverage is posted on the website, social media platforms, with consultants and the marketing team on a timely basis to support business development.
- Lead Global PR team campaigns: coordinate the global launch of campaign PR plans. Act as a day-to-day contact for the global PR team.
- International PR agency management: ensure PA gets value for money from its PR agency relationships. Assist with the formal review process for this.
- PA brand: promote and develop the PA brand through PR opportunities
Required skills and background:
- Degree level or equivalent
- Preference for an English Literature or similar degree
- Preference for recognised/accredited PR/ communications qualification or similar
- Qualification from institute of PR (preferable)
- Knowledge and experience in design and digital PR is preferable
- Excellent writing skills and Top Down Thinking knowledge
- Private medical insurance
- 25 days annual leave with the opportunity to buy 5 additional days
- Company pension scheme
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Life and Income protection insurance
- Tax efficient benefits (cycle to work, give as you earn)
- Additional optional benefits (Dental, critical illness, spouse/partner life assurance)
Inclusion & Diversity
We believe that diversity makes us a stronger firm and look to employ people with different ideas, styles and skill sets. This diversity stimulates a rich, creative environment – one in which our people develop, and our clients enjoy enduring results. We’re committed to recruiting, promoting and rewarding our people solely based on their ability to contribute to PA’s goals, without regard to their sex, race, disability, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
Should you need any adjustments to the recruitment process, at either application or interview, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org