Senior Support Enginner
Job Type: Full time
We believe in the power of ingenuity to build a positive human future in a technology-driven world.
As strategies, technologies and innovation collide, we create opportunity from complexity.
Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking and breakthrough use of technologies to progress further, faster. Our clients adapt and transform, and together we achieve enduring results.
An innovation and transformation consultancy, we are 3,300 specialists in consumer and manufacturing, defence and security, energy and utilities, financial services, government and public services, health and life sciences, and transport. Our people are strategists, innovators, designers, consultants, digital experts, scientists, engineers and technologists. We operate globally from offices across the UK, US, Netherlands and Nordics.
Our hybrid way of working is designed to help you plan your work and your life. We want decisions about ‘where to work’ to be governed by ‘the work we need to do’ – whether that’s at client sites, offices/labs/studios, or remotely from home.
We have five principles which will help us balance both creating a high-performance culture that delivers for our clients and the firm, and being understanding and inclusive to individuals, and the teams in which we all work. Our principles are: we put your safety first; we trust PA people; we respect difference; we are responsive to clients and we are responsive to individuals and teams.
PA. Bringing Ingenuity to Life.
As part of our Digital team, you’ll work alongside colleagues from across PA delivering transformative digital solutions to today’s most complex business challenges. Our teams are trusted to deliver and given the space to be awesome. We’re an inclusive community for the curious, generous, pragmatic and committed digital practitioner.
Digital Operations is one of our growing capabilities as we look to provide live operational support to our clients. For our Digital Operations Senior Support Engineers, we are looking for Engineers highly skills in Java, who can identify problems and develop solutions; implement new features and seek to continually improve client applications.
As a Digital Operations Senior Support Engineer you will be working within (or potentially leading a team) responsible for ensuring bugs are analysed and fixed within defined timeframes according to SLA’s, identifying and implementing features that will ensure continuous improvement of client applications.
You could be working alongside, mentoring and supporting colleagues on L1 and L2 teams, or you could be part of a dedicated L3 support team in larger multi supplier settings.
You'll be comfortable with:
- Java 8+
- MVC, JDBC and RESTful
- Building tools such as Ant, Maven and Gradle
- Using a range of technologies and libraries in the Java ecosystem
- Developing code using CI/CD tools
- Using fundamental tools and languages E.g. SQL, Unix, CLI tools, PowerShell, Shell Scripting, HTML and CSS
- External and embedded databases, relational and NoSQL, E.g. MongoDB, MySQL, Flink , Cassandra, SQL Server, Postgres. Developing schema for supporting business logic and data
- Developing solutions in the cloud, using either Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Microservices architecture, including containers and serverless implementation. E.g. Kubernetes, Docker, OpenShift, AWS Lambda, Cloud Functions (GCP)
- Working across production and non production instances of services
- Private medical insurance
- 25 days annual leave with the opportunity to buy 5 additional days
- Company pension scheme
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Life and Income protection insurance
- Tax efficient benefits (cycle to work, give as you earn)
- Additional optional benefits (dental, critical illness, spouse/partner life assurance)
Our approach to Inclusion and Diversity is a key enabler to our purpose - ‘Bringing Ingenuity to Life’. At PA, we are committed to creating a supportive culture where our people can thrive. To bring ingenuity to life for our clients we need people with different perspectives who think innovatively. We are on a journey to create an ever more inclusive place to work, where we all feel supported and can be ourselves.
We want our people to experience a working environment that promotes dignity, equality and respect for all. In terms of recruitment, we believe diversity makes us a stronger firm and we look to employ people with different ideas, styles and skillsets. This diversity stimulates a rich, creative environment – one in which our people develop, and our clients enjoy enduring results. We’re committed to recruiting, promoting and rewarding our people solely based on their ability to contribute to PA’s goals, without regard to their sex, race, disability, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
* Please note you must already have the unconditional right to live and work in the UK. We welcome international applications, but we are unable to offer sponsorship for work permits, so you will need to have the full right to live and work in the UK. Unfortunately, your application will be automatically rejected if you do not have these rights.