Job Type: Full time
We believe in the power of ingenuity to build a positive human future in a technology-driven world.
As strategies, technologies and innovation collide, we create opportunity from complexity.
Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking and breakthrough use of technologies to progress further, faster. Our clients adapt and transform, and together we achieve enduring results.
An innovation and transformation consultancy, we are 3,300 specialists in consumer and manufacturing, defence and security, energy and utilities, financial services, government and public services, health and life sciences, and transport. Our people are strategists, innovators, designers, consultants, digital experts, scientists, engineers and technologists. We operate globally from offices across the UK, US, Netherlands and Nordics.
Our hybrid way of working is designed to help you plan your work and your life. We want decisions about ‘where to work’ to be governed by ‘the work we need to do’ – whether that’s at client sites, offices/labs/studios, or remotely from home.
We have five principles which will help us balance both creating a high-performance culture that delivers for our clients and the firm, and being understanding and inclusive to individuals, and the teams in which we all work. Our principles are: we put your safety first; we trust PA people; we respect difference; we are responsive to clients and we are responsive to individuals and teams.
PA. Bringing Ingenuity to Life.
As a team, we transform our client’s businesses using a combination of strategic thinking, customer-centric service design, and agile engineering practices. Our skills and talent enable PA’s purpose of creating positive human future in a technology driven world.
As part of our Digital team, you’ll work alongside colleagues from across PA – delivering transformative digital solutions to today’s most complex business challenges. Our teams are trusted to deliver and given the space to be awesome. We’re an inclusive community for the curious, generous, pragmatic and committed digital practitioner.
Our DevOps specialists work within our development pods, enabling development through the automation and creation of tools and process to facilitate service delivery. You wil be working to implement a CI/CD pipeline across any of the major cloud providers or looking at implementation of monitoring or alerting process for a new service about to go into production. Client enablement is a huge part of our offering. When we deliver new digital services, we make sure our clients can maintain them, and so you could find yourself coaching the end client in how they operate their new service.
As a DevOps specialist, you will find yourself working on exciting projects, across a range of sectors and technology sets. The team will be looking to you to put the right things in place to facilitate the delivery of the service.
We want enablers. This isn't about you owning a toolkit but being an integral teammate. That means being a player-coach developing the skills of your colleagues and evangelising the DevOps approach. Likewise, they'll invest in you, so you can learn new development skills or perhaps assisting in the implementation of a test automation framework. It's all about crafting a highly skilled performing team. We'll make an investment in you - making you a consultant with a highly diverse and applicable skillset, but we'll also need you to invest in us, helping us develop our DevOps approach and capability.
DevOps is a diverse and growing capability. There are a variety of different tools, cloud technologies and approaches. We don't expect you to know them all, we're interested in speaking to DevOps specialists with experience of:
- Cloud technologies: AWS, Azure or GCP.
- Building and implementing CI/CD Pipelines, build orchestration, source-code management, build and test automation tools, and infrastructure as code (IAC) E.g. Jenkins, GitLab, SVN, maven, gradle, SonarQube, CloudFormation, Terraform, Chef, Ansible, Puppet, Code Pipeline, Azure Stack
- Deploying microservices and containers E.g. Kubernetes, Docker, OpenShift, Helm
- Implementing tools for logging, monitoring and alerting. E.g. TICK Stack, ELK Stack, Splunk, CloudWatch, Dynatrace, Prometheus, Grafana
- Creating and automating virtual machines in the cloud, and deploying on compute instances.
- Implementing other cloud infrastructure and networking required to host a digital service, including storage, firewall and network configuration.
- Establishing high-availability, business continuity and disaster recovery solutions in the cloud.
- Deploying serverless components, such as AWS Lambdas, GCP Cloud Functions, and Azure Cloud Functions.
- Working knowledge of OS’s, command-line (CLI) and scripting (eg. bash, powershell) competence,
- Deploying and configuring application or web servers on virtual machines. E.g. Linux, Tomcat, JBoss, Windows Server, IIS.
- Solving environmental and configuration issues across the stack.
- Application of operational processes, such as patching strategies and dependency.
- Private medical insurance
- 25 days annual leave with the opportunity to buy 5 additional days
- Company pension scheme
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Life and Income protection insurance
- Tax efficient benefits (cycle to work, give as you earn)
- Additional optional benefits (dental, critical illness, spouse/partner life assurance)
Our approach to Inclusion and Diversity is a key enabler to our purpose - ‘Bringing Ingenuity to Life’. At PA, we are committed to creating a supportive culture where our people can thrive. To bring ingenuity to life for our clients we need people with different perspectives who think innovatively. We are on a journey to create an ever more inclusive place to work, where we all feel supported and can be ourselves.
We want our people to experience a working environment that promotes dignity, equality and respect for all. In terms of recruitment, we believe diversity makes us a stronger firm and we look to employ people with different ideas, styles and skillsets. This diversity stimulates a rich, creative environment – one in which our people develop, and our clients enjoy enduring results. We’re committed to recruiting, promoting and rewarding our people solely based on their ability to contribute to PA’s goals, without regard to their sex, race, disability, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
* Please note you must already have the unconditional right to live and work in the UK. We welcome international applications, but we are unable to offer sponsorship for work permits, so you will need to have the full right to live and work in the UK. Unfortunately, your application will be automatically rejected if you do not have these rights.