Systems Engineering Consultant
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
- We work flexibly at PA, but your work base will be whichever of the following offices is nearest to you - Cambridge, London, Bristol, Manchester, Edinburgh
- Full time
- Application deadline: ASAP
Systems Engineering at PA
Our Systems Insights and Solutions experts create lasting change through their advisory and delivery around hard and soft systems to clients in defence, health, transport, and energy.
Examples of these include:
- Optimisation of defence systems across large scale platforms
- Implementation of AI and machine learning to transform data analysis
- Development of cutting-edge transport solutions which are shaped by the requirements of modern societies
- Organisational design to create new ways of working for our clients
- Development of systems-based frameworks to inform improved capability procurement and management
- Human factors and behavioural analysis to inform policy and strategy with lasting impact
Our success is driven by our capability to understand the intricate nature of each component part of these highly sophisticated systems, drawing on a wealth of knowledge from our team of diversely talented consultants. We combine our knowledge on Systems Engineering,Systems Thinkingand Enterprise Architecture to be the go-to company for developing practical and innovative systems for complex real world strategic issues.
As a Systems Insights and Solutions Consultant you will be working on projects with true impact on everyday life, that deliver game changing solutions. You will be working not only with the Systems Insights and Solutions team but also with our other highly talented consultants in our Mechanical Engineering and Electronics Systems capabilities amongst others. This role will include systems integration, systems modelling and architecture, and the application of systems methodologies such as Systems Dynamics, causal mapping, soft-system methodologies and others.
Systems Insights and Solutions Makes a Difference
Virgin Hyper Loop – Creating the first major new mode of transport in more than a century. With speeds three times faster than high-speed rail, hyperloop reduces a 300 km commute to under 20 minutes.
Our systems engineering and enterprise architecture experts designed and delivered the complex software and traffic control systems that were needed. We implemented a high-speed transport portal that acts as a central hub, integrating with all nearby transport modes to enable a seamless, end-to-end journey.
Defence sector client – Investigating the feasibility of integrating Unmanned Traffic Management (UTM) and Counter-UAS (CUAS) systems to create a single, highly capable, airspace management platform. Our engineers looked at the architecture integration to enable data sharing between the two systems. They utilised UML modelling to demonstrate feasibility across representative scenarios. This resulted in a huge step forward in enabling and directing aviation security across the UK.
To rise to the challenge that this Systems Engineering Consultant role brings you will be degree educated or qualified by experience, in a relevant subject area.
It is essential that you will have had significant exposure / supported on projects in:
- Systems definition and design especially around defining system boundaries, identifying interdependencies across the wider eco-system and identifying key stakeholders
- Systems modelling and/or architecture, to assist in design, analysis and communicating systems to a wide variety of audiences
- Systems integration and verification and validation approaches
- Enterprise architecture
- Systems modelling software or tools
It is ideal for you to have previously worked with clients/organisations in:
- Health and Life Sciences
- Defence and Security
- Public Sector
- Energy and utilities
- Consumer and manufacturing
This is a fantastic opportunity to grow and develop yourself and your career at PA so we are also looking for excellent interpersonal skills and the drive to succeed.
You must already possess the unconditional right to live and work in the UK as well as be eligible for SC clearance.
Should you need any adjustments to the recruitment process, at either application or interview, please contact us on email@example.com
We offer the opportunity to work on purposeful projects with incredible people, competitive salary, pension and bonus scheme, clear pathways to progression, and a thriving learning culture. Benefits include:
- Consistent training, development and career progression
- Flexible healthcare plans for you and your family
- Competitive leave allowances
- Access to a range of networks, centring LGBTQ+ people, women, people from minority ethnic backgrounds, and more.
It’s an environment that is energetic and fast-paced, that values collaboration, curiosity and treating people fairly. If that sounds like somewhere you want to work, get in touch.