Data Scientist Consultant
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
We believe in the power of ingenuity to build a positive human future in a technology-driven world.
As strategies, technologies and innovation collide, we create opportunity from complexity.
Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking and breakthrough use of technologies to progress further, faster. Our clients adapt and transform, and together we achieve enduring results.
An innovation and transformation consultancy, we are over 3,200 specialists in consumer, defence and security, energy and utilities, financial services, government, health and life sciences, manufacturing, and transport. Our people are strategists, innovators, designers, consultants, digital experts, scientists, engineers and technologists. We operate globally from offices across the UK, US, Europe, and the Nordics.
PA. Bringing Ingenuity to Life.
We are seeking an experienced Data Scientist to join our team. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in data science, AI and ML, with a focus on developing and implementing data-driven strategies that leverage advanced analytics techniques to support government organizations, police forces, aerospace, defence, and security businesses. Our company is committed to helping these organizations anticipate threats, keep people safe, and meet their clients' needs.
The successful candidate will work closely with senior leadership to identify business opportunities, assess risks, and recommend data-driven solutions that drive business growth.
- A degree, Masters or PhD from a leading university ideally, but not necessarily, in data science, mathematics, operational research, physics, or computer science
- Experience of conducting analysis for evidence-based decision making, developing models and decision support tools or building business cases for investment decisions
- Experience in working in the Defence and Security sector.
- Experience in leading data science teams around a coherent strategy and with a clear ability to translate business needs into solutions
- An inquisitive mind that wants to solve the trickiest challenges whilst working with incredible colleagues.
- Experience of leading teams and developing people’s skills and capabilities
- Experience of leading and delivering solutions that involved one or more of the following specialisms: advanced analytics and data science, big data, cloud-based business intelligence and data visualisation.
- Experience of leading and delivering complex business intelligence and analytical projects
- A genuine affinity for problem solving - an inquisitive mind who wants to solve the trickiest challenges whilst working with incredible colleagues
**Given the information restriction levels on the work we do in this space, current L3 Clearance is a requirement for this role.
- Private medical insurance
- Interest free season ticket loan
- 25 days annual leave with the opportunity to buy 5 additional days
- Company pension scheme
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Life and Income protection insurance
- Tax efficient benefits (cycle to work, give as you earn)
- Voluntary benefits (Dental, critical illness, spouse/partner life assurance)
PA is committed to building an inclusive and supportive culture where diversity thrives, and all of our people can excel. We believe that greater diversity stimulates innovation, enabling us to fulfil our purpose of ‘Bringing Ingenuity to Life’, supporting the growth of our people, and delivering more enduring results for our clients.
We only recruit, promote and reward our people based on their contribution, without regard to gender, race, disability, religion, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
We welcome international applications, but we are unable to offer sponsorship for work permits, so you will need to have the full right to live and work in the UK. Unfortunately, your application will be automatically rejected if you do not have these rights.