Group Financial Accountant
Job Type: Full time
We believe in the power of ingenuity to build a positive human future in a technology-driven world.
As strategies, technologies and innovation collide, we create opportunity from complexity.
Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking and breakthrough use of technologies to progress further, faster. Our clients adapt and transform, and together we achieve enduring results.
An innovation and transformation consultancy, we are 3,300 specialists in consumer and manufacturing, defence and security, energy and utilities, financial services, government and public services, health and life sciences, and transport. Our people are strategists, innovators, designers, consultants, digital experts, scientists, engineers and technologists. We operate globally from offices across the UK, US, Netherlands and Nordics.
This role requires candidiates to be sole British Nationals.
Join our Group Accounting Team to deliver timely and accurate financial reporting. Your experience of multinational consolidations, either from audit or industry, will enable you to hit the ground running. You will play an integral part of the team preparing the monthly group consolidation, raising consolidation journals and reviewing consolidated numbers to ensure accurate reporting. As you develop in the role, you will start to lead the close process to ensure adherence to our tight month end timetable.
With strong current IFRS knowledge and research skills, you will be confident in providing technical accounting support across the finance function. These skills will also be crucial in your role in preparing notes and support for the group annual report.
In this role, you will provide clear and timely information to auditors. Your experience of audit, either as an auditor or key contact will enable you to engage thoughtfully with audit testing, to give considered and complete responses, minimising follow up questions.
With support from the Group Finance Team you will quickly learn your way around our finance systems – Oracle Financial Consolidation and Close, PeopleSoft Financials, OneSource Accounts Production and MI systems – and will rapidly become a lead user, supporting other finance teams to get the most out of our systems.
As part of our global financial reporting you will take ownership of a number of UK and overseas corporate companies, approving month end journals, overseeing financial statements for the UK companies and liaising with overseas advisors for the preparation of overseas financial statements. Your relationship building skills will enable you to influence those professional advisors to provide high quality financial statements and meet local statutory reporting deadlines.
Depending on your experience and interests, there may be the opportunity to take a line management responsibility – coaching and supporting a junior member of the team.
- Qualified accountant – ACA / CA / ACCA
- Excellent technical accounting skills, both strong current IFRS knowledge and research skills
- Good understanding of multinational consolidation
- Able to rapidly build understanding of finance systems
- Commitment to excellent financial control
- Experience of audit – either as an auditor or as a key audit contact
- A proactive, highly organised self-starter with the ability to prioritise and deliver to strict deadlines
- Tenacious with great attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- Flexible, collaborative and open approach
- Sole British national
- Private medical insurance
- 25 days annual leave with the opportunity to buy 5 additional days
- Company pension scheme
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Life and Income protection insurance
- Tax efficient benefits (cycle to work, give as you earn)
- Additional optional benefits (Dental, critical illness, spouse/partner life assurance)
Inclusion & Diversity
We believe that diversity makes us a stronger firm and look to employ people with different ideas, styles and skill sets. This diversity stimulates a rich, creative environment – one in which our people develop, and our clients enjoy enduring results. We’re committed to recruiting, promoting and rewarding our people solely based on their ability to contribute to PA’s goals, without regard to their sex, race, disability, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.