Employment Tax Manager
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
We believe in the power of ingenuity to build a positive human future in a technology-driven world.
As strategies, technologies and innovation collide, we create opportunity from complexity.
Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking and breakthrough use of technologies to progress further, faster. Our clients adapt and transform, and together we achieve enduring results.
An innovation and transformation consultancy, we are over 3,200 specialists in consumer, defence and security, energy and utilities, financial services, government, health and life sciences, manufacturing, and transport. Our people are strategists, innovators, designers, consultants, digital experts, scientists, engineers and technologists. We operate globally from offices across the UK, US, Europe, and the Nordics.
PA. Bringing Ingenuity to Life.
This is a minimum 12 Month Fixed Term Contract
Eligibility for SC clearance to work on secure clients required
The successful candidate will be responsible for the management of PA's employment tax position in our primary country of the UK and also supporting employment tax planning and compliance in our non-UK locations.
The role also encompasses providing personalised income and CGT guidance to PA’s employee, many of whom are shareholders in the firm.
The role constitutes an excellent opportunity to be business facing, advising on employment tax issues and also engaging on a personal level with regards to PA’s tax efficient remuneration and our share-based equity.
The candidate will work closely with Payroll teams, wider Finance colleagues, HR and Reward colleagues and the leaders of our business.
The successful candidate will:
- Keep up-to-date with changing tax legislation, assess and communicate how that might impact PA.
- Interact with HMRC with regards to employment tax matters.
- Attend events held by the business and deliver presentations on PA’s reward.
- Steer PA’s expense checking team on policy and provide global tax approval. Review global travel and subsistence rates on a regular basis.
- Manage annual employment tax filings including PSA, P11D, STBV and share plans reporting in the UK and other tax reporting globally.
- Advise on capital gains tax and taxation of investment income globally.
- Undertake entry and exit meetings for UK and Ireland for international assignees.
- Advise the business on engaging contractors globally and provide tax approval.
- Manage PA’s tax efficient benefit plans in the UK and Ireland.
- Advise on tax implications of cross-border assignments.
- Undertake due diligence on potential acquisitions.
- Responsible for Employment Tax SAO sign-off.
- Manage suppliers
- Be a sole British national, eligble for SC clearance
Strong tax background ATT or CTA
- Experience of Employment Tax in other geographies.
- Experience of actively engaging & advising stakeholders from junior to senior employees.
- Aptitude for public speaking.
- Experience managing others. An Employment Tax Analyst reports to this role.
- Willing to “go beyond the role” by networking effectively and seeking out areas where you can add value.
- Strong MS Excel skills
- Capacity to manage conflicting demands, shifting priorities and demanding time schedules.
- Ability to work independently and manage a challenging workload during busy project
periods. Also willing to work to part of a team to achieve team objectives.
- Determined, proactive and flexible approach.
- Tact and integrity.
Inclusion & Diversity
We believe that diversity makes us a stronger firm and look to employ people with different ideas, styles and skill sets. This diversity stimulates a rich, creative environment – one in which our people develop, and our clients enjoy enduring results. We’re committed to recruiting, promoting and rewarding our people solely based on their ability to contribute to PA’s goals, without regard to their sex, race, disability, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
Should you need any adjustments to the recruitment process, at either application or interview, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org