Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Systems Architect - Systems Insights and Solutions
- We work flexibly at PA, but your work base will be whichever of the following offices is nearest to you - Cambridge, London, Bristol, Manchester, Edinburgh
- Full time
- Application deadline: ASAP
Business Architecture and Model Based Systems Engineering at PA
Our Systems Insights and Solutions experts create lasting change through their advisory and delivery around a variety of business and physical systems to clients across multiple sectors.
Examples of these include:
- Optimisation of defence systems across large scale platforms
- Implementation of AI and machine learning to transform data analysis
- Development of cutting-edge transport solutions which are shaped by the requirements of modern societies
- Organisational design to create new ways of working for our clients
- Development of systems-based frameworks to inform improved capability procurement and management
Our success is driven by our capability to understand the problem and solution spaces, from business need to component design, drawing on a wealth of knowledge from our team of diversely talented consultants. We combine our knowledge on Systems Engineering,Systems Thinkingand Architecture to be the go-to company for developing practical and innovative systems for complex real world strategic issues.
As a Systems Insights and Solutions Consultant, you will be working on projects with true impact on everyday life, that deliver game changing solutions. You will be working not only with the Systems Insights and Solutions team but also with our other highly talented consultants in our Digital, Engineering and Design capabilities, amongst others. This role will include model-based systems engineering and tailoring and application of various architecture frameworks and tools.
Systems Insights and Solutions Makes a Difference
British Army Capability Management – Embedding the principle of integration into the delivery of capabilities in the face of a rapidly evolving threat and technological environment. Our engineers utilise a systems-based approach to drive the robust implementation of Open Architecture solutions across major Land platforms and mission systems, reinforcing organisational strategy to achieve Information Advantage through greater digital integration.
Our systems architecture and enterprise architecture experts designed and delivered the complex software and traffic control systems that were needed. We implemented a high-speed transport portal that acts as a central hub, integrating with all nearby transport modes to enable a seamless, end-to-end journey.
Defence sector client – Investigating the feasibility of integrating Unmanned Traffic Management (UTM) and Counter-UAS (CUAS) systems to create a single, highly capable, airspace management platform. Our engineers looked at the architecture integration to enable data sharing between the two systems. They utilised UML modelling to demonstrate feasibility across representative scenarios. This resulted in a huge step forward in enabling and directing aviation security across the UK.
To rise to the challenge that this role brings you will be degree educated or qualified by experience, in a relevant subject area.
- Experience with solution definition and design especially around defining system boundaries, identifying interdependencies across the wider eco-system, and identifying key stakeholders
- You are comfortable in applying systems engineering, including MBSE.
- You are comfortable working both independently, and within a team.
You will need experience of one or more, in each of the following:
- Sparx EA
- IBM Rational Rhapsody
- Languages and notation
- Experience with systems engineering principles including the systems development lifecycle
- Systems integration and verification and validation approaches
- Experience in cloud architecture, such as AWS
- Experience with open architectures
- Requirements engineering
It is ideal for you to have previously worked with clients/organisations in:
- Defence and Security
- Public Sector
- Energy and Utilities
- Consumer and Manufacturing
- Health & Life Sciences
This is a fantastic opportunity to grow and develop yourself and your career at PA so we are also looking for excellent interpersonal skills and the drive to succeed.
You must already possess the unconditional right to live and work in the UK as well as be eligible for SC clearance.
Should you need any adjustments to the recruitment process, at either application or interview, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
We offer the opportunity to work on purposeful projects with incredible people, competitive salary, pension and bonus scheme, clear pathways to progression, and a thriving learning culture. Benefits include:
- Consistent training, development and career progression
- Flexible healthcare plans for you and your family
- Competitive leave allowances
- Access to a range of networks, centring LGBTQ+ people, women, people from minority ethnic backgrounds, and more.
It’s an environment that is energetic and fast-paced, that values collaboration, curiosity and treating people fairly. If that sounds like somewhere you want to work, get in touch.