Asset Management Principal Consultant - Water Sector
Location: Remote - Global
Job Type: Full time
We believe in the power of ingenuity to build a positive human future.
As strategies, technologies and innovation collide, we create opportunity from complexity.
Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking and breakthrough use of technologies to progress further, faster. Our clients adapt and transform, and together we achieve enduring results.
An innovation and transformation consultancy, we are over 4000 specialists in consumer and manufacturing, defence and security, energy and utilities, financial services, government and public services, health and life sciences, and transport. Our people are strategists, innovators, designers, consultants, digital experts, scientists, engineers and technologists.
We operate globally from offices across the UK, US, Netherlands and Nordics.
Are you a brilliant asset manager who is curious, enjoys exploring new ideas, and seeks to evolve asset management thinking and problem definition?
On the back of continued success across our water utilities practice, we are looking for talented people to join our growing Asset Management team. We work very closely with all our clients, build strong interpersonal relationships and pride ourselves on our ability to ‘walk the talk’. Therefore, we are particularly interested in those who have practical ‘hands on’ experience with infrastructure assets and interest of:
- Strategy, planning and operations of infrastructure assets
- Delivery of asset management change programmes
- Working in the water sector
While successful candidates will have a good technical understanding of their field, deep specialism is not the only facet of PA consultants; we also want ingenious people who can turn highly technical detail into simple concepts and communicate this clearly to anyone from boardroom to factory floor. Our consultants should be able to adapt their style to work effectively with clients and inspire confidence. We’re looking for someone with these attributes:
- Self-motivation and ability to manage their own workload effectively
- Creative and open minded, enjoying learning and trying new ways of doing things
- Strong communication, presentation creation, delivery and document writing skills
- A great team member in multi-disciplinary teams
We are looking for talent capable of fulfilling one or more of the following roles in our programs:
- Business design – an appreciation for operating model and business design principles in an asset-intensive organisation including workforce optimisation, roles & responsibilities, training, and supply chain analysis. Desirable would be to have experience of successful operating models for the delivery of large capital projects and programmes.
- Team management and consulting capabilities – this means report-writing and presentation skills need to be strong (e.g., an ability to distil complex insights into easy-to-understand presentations and reports that could be understood across all levels of an organisation).
- Operations – an appreciation of the operational management of water and/or wastewater networks. Must have a good understanding of water and wastewater assets, and how these systems work together.
- Work Delivery (capital and operational programmes) – a strong understanding of construction & maintenance delivery models, how they work in practice, and associated business operating model/change requirements. This could include practical contract and commercial insights (e.g., NEC4). Desirable would be to combine this knowledge with a good understanding of Portfolio, Programme and Project Management principles (e.g., P3M3).
- Strategic planning – desirable would be experience in supporting Price Reviews and strategic business planning processes with knowledge and understanding of regulatory framework, future trends and how these impact on network, asset, and field operational management.
- Delivery planning – development of asset management strategies and plans that take a business plan into a business delivery plan. Desirable would be to have experience in the use of systems to support these processes (asset investment planning tools, programme management systems etc.).
- Analytics – an appreciation of analytical methods and modelling approaches to inform and optimise asset investment / operational decisions. Desirable would be to have experience in the development of asset information strategies and data governance procedures.
- General – a strong logical and problem-solving mindset. Good working knowledge of statistics and modelling with Excel or other tools. Strong writing and authorship skills.
- General – an appreciation for new, and emerging sector capabilities such as smart infrastructure, digital twins, and whole life cost optimisation tools.
Please note: we would like to recruit lots of great people into this role, across all ranks. We know the skill-gap and ‘somewhat need to tick every box’ can get in the way of meeting brilliant candidates, so please don’t hesitate to apply – we’d love to hear from you.
Apply today by completing our online application.
Life at PA
Life At PA encompasses our peoples' experience at PA. It's about how we enrich peoples’ working lives by giving them access to unique people and growth opportunities and purpose led meaningful work.
We believe diversity fuels ingenuity. Diversity of thought brings exciting perspectives; diversity of experience brings a wealth of knowledge, and diversity of skills brings the tools we need. When we bring people together with diverse backgrounds, identities, and minds, embracing that difference through an inclusive culture where our people thrive; we unleash the power of diversity – bringing ingenuity to life.
We are dedicated to supporting the physical, emotional, social and financial well-being of our people. Check out some of our extensive benefits:
- Health and lifestyle perks accompanying private healthcare for you and your family
- 25 days annual leave (plus a bonus half day on Christmas Eve) with the opportunity to buy 5 additional days
- Generous company pension scheme
- Opportunity to get involved with community and charity-based initiatives
- Annual performance-based bonus
- PA share ownership
- Tax efficient benefits (cycle to work, give as you earn)
We recruit, retain, reward and develop our people based solely on their abilities and contributions and without reference to their age, background, disability, genetic information, parental or family status, religion or belief, race, ethnicity, nationality, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity (or expression), political belief veteran status, or other by any other range of human difference brought about by identity and experience. We are on a journey towards ensuring our workforce is diverse at all levels and that our firm is representative of the world around us. We welcome applications from underrepresented groups.
Adjustments or accommodations - Should you need any adjustments or accommodations to the recruitment process, at either application or interview, please contact us.
Keywords: consulting, asset management, water, wastewater, programme delivery, capital programmes, supply chain, procurements, strategic business planning, price review, business design, delivery planning, delivery models