Financial Crime Technology Consultant
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
- We work in a hybrid model at PA, but your work base will be aligned to our London or Edinburgh office
- Travel to client site will be necessary as and when the client requires
- Full time
We believe in the power of ingenuity to build a positive human future.
As strategies, technologies and innovation collide, we create opportunity from complexity.
Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking and breakthrough use of technologies to progress further, faster. Our clients adapt and transform, and together we achieve enduring results.
An innovation and transformation consultancy, we are over 4000 specialists in consumer and manufacturing, defence and security, energy and utilities, financial services, government and public services, health and life sciences, and transport. Our people are strategists, innovators, designers, consultants, digital experts, scientists, engineers and technologists.
We operate globally from offices across the UK, US, Netherlands and Nordics.
PA. Bringing Ingenuity to Life.
What is next in your career?
Our Financial Crime experts have led some of the most exciting work that the consulting industry has seen in building leading Financial Crime intelligence functions. We have helped global regulators to become more sophisticated and data-driven in their AML/CTF supervision and enforcement as well as supporting the delivery of Transaction Monitoring engines driven by next-generation technologies.
As a Financial Crime Technology Consultant, you will be working with our diverse and high performing delivery teams transforming Financial Crime risk management frameworks, crafting and implementing technologies across customer onboarding, payment screening and Transaction Monitoring. You will also liaise with senior client stakeholders in drafting policies to help to prevent, detect and investigate money laundering, bribery and corruption, fraud and market abuse.
To rise to the challenge this role brings, you will possess specialist experience in this area with a good understanding of Transaction Monitoring processes and systems and have change and transformation capabilities.
- TM technology: understanding the approach for how Transaction Monitoring systems are selected, designed, configured, tested and implemented by banks and other financial institutions.
- Financial Crime regulations: what are the UK and global regulatory expectations on Transaction Monitoring platforms and CDD.
- Controls: Understanding how Transaction Monitoring platforms identify suspicious activity.
- Operating model: understanding how Transaction Monitoring platform operating models are designed, how they interact with other components of the Financial Crime ecosystem.
- Optimisation: understanding how to improve the efficiency of platforms, the impact and cost of inefficient systems.
- Investigation: understanding how alerts are reviewed and handled appropriately.
- Next-generation technology: understanding how next generation technology can enhance existing Transaction Monitoring capability.
- Understanding the approach for how Transaction Monitoring systems are selected, designed, configured, tested and implemented by banks and other financial institutions
- Core consultancy skills
- Strong understanding of Financial Crime regulatory landscape
- Data analytics
- Change management and large-scale transformation programmes
We know the skill-gap and ‘somewhat need to tick every box’ can get in the way of meeting brilliant candidates, so please don’t hesitate to apply – we’d love to hear from you.
Apply today by completing our online application
Life At PA encompasses our peoples' experience at PA. It's about how we enrich peoples’ working lives by giving them access to unique people and growth opportunities and purpose led meaningful work.
We believe diversity fuels ingenuity. Diversity of thought brings exciting perspectives; diversity of experience brings a wealth of knowledge, and diversity of skills brings the tools we need. When we bring people together with diverse backgrounds, identities, and minds, embracing that difference through an inclusive culture where our people thrive; we unleash the power of diversity – bringing ingenuity to life.
Find out more about Life at PA here.
We are dedicated to supporting the physical, emotional, social and financial well-being of our people. Check out some of our extensive benefits:
- Health and lifestyle perks accompanying private healthcare for you and your family
- 25 days annual leave (plus a bonus half day on Christmas Eve) with the opportunity to buy 5 additional days
- Generous company pension scheme
- Opportunity to get involved with community and charity-based initiatives
- Annual performance-based bonus
- PA share ownership
- Tax efficient benefits (cycle to work, give as you earn)
We recruit, retain, reward and develop our people based solely on their abilities and contributions and without reference to their age, background, disability, genetic information, parental or family status, religion or belief, race, ethnicity, nationality, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity (or expression), political belief veteran status, or other by any other range of human difference brought about by identity and experience. We are on a journey towards ensuring our workforce is diverse at all levels and that our firm is representative of the world around us. We welcome applications from underrepresented groups.
Adjustments or accommodations - Should you need any adjustments or accommodations to the recruitment process, at either application or interview, please contact us.