Managing Consultant - Financial Services - Insurance (non-Life)
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
We believe in the power of ingenuity to build a positive human future.
As strategies, technologies, and innovation collide, we create opportunity from complexity.
Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking and breakthrough technologies to progress further, faster. Our clients adapt and transform, and together we achieve enduring results.
We are over 4,000 strategists, innovators, designers, consultants, digital experts, scientists, engineers, and technologists. And we have deep expertise in consumer and manufacturing, defence and security, energy and utilities, financial services, government and public services, health and life sciences, and transport.
Our teams operate globally from offices across the UK, Ireland, US, Nordics, and Netherlands.
PA. Bringing Ingenuity to Life.
With a global network ranging from tech start-ups to Fortune 500 clients, we’ll offer you fascinating work, unrivalled opportunities for growth and the freedom to realise your potential to excel. Combining strategies, technologies and innovation, we turn complexity to opportunity and deliver enduring results, enabling you to build a successful and rewarding career.
Within PA the Managing Consultant (MC) role represents a top tier appointment in the organisation, with MCs typically serving as our business development, thought and team leaders. With one foot in the operation, one foot in the strategic and a head for business and proposition development, this role is highly varied and calls for someone who is autonomous and a self-starter.
Our experience ranges from supporting highly complex business transformations, to delivering infrastructure and engineering projects, through to providing deep technical expertise on IT and technology driven change. We operate across all sectors and this opportunity focusses on roles in financial service organisations, specifically in General, Commercial, Health and Speciality insurance (more detail is included in the section below).
- Develop strategic client relationships, working at the senior levels to sell value adding consulting assignment
- Engage with and influence senior client stakeholders to drive successful delivery of transformation programmes and realise business goals
- Lead and deliver large scale and complex projects – managing project teams (2-10 people) being actively involved and taking ownership of delivery
- Develop commercially viable consulting market offerings
- Work with PA’s Go-To-Market and other specialist teams to develop propositions, develop existing client accounts and build new accounts
- Work within mixed consulting and client teams, planning, managing and delivering work
We are seeking talented individuals with extensive experience of leading large scale business and technology change across multiple functional domains. Our Insurance practice is a high growth area for PA, working with a number of the UK’s and Europe’s leading Insurers. This role offers the opportunity for accelerated growth with PA with significant responsibility.
We are looking for candidates with skills and experience in the following areas:
- Core experience of leading delivery of complex projects in the Insurance sector, with a particular focus on major transformations involving both technology and people change within General, Commercial, Health and or Specialty and Broking
- Understanding of key market dynamics and regulations that shape at least deep consulting expertise with one or more Insurance subsectors (General Insurance, London Market / Specialty and Health)
- Core experience of working and delivering complex programs within the Financial Services sector
- A deep understanding of how Insurance business and organisations thrive and stay ahead of the competition when dealing with such challenges as digitisation, disruption, sustainability and remote working
- Understanding of key market, regulatory and technology trends driving change agendas in insurance especially with regards to digitisation, conduct risk and modern technology platforms
- The ability to demonstrate leadership skills in large and diverse project teams
- Building relationships with senior insurance stakeholders in both a delivery and complex sales context
- Ability to work across multiple levels of an organisation
- An aptitude for delivering creative and ingenious solutions
Excellent interpersonal and team working skill are essential, along with specific consulting experience in one or more of the following areas in General Insurance, Commercial, Health and/or Specialty Insurance;
- Digitisation and automation
- Systems transformation – e.g. legacy replacement, cloud migration
- Data, analytics and machine learning
- Regulatory transformation e.g. Conduct, cyber, fraud
- Growth strategy and portfolio optimisation
- Operating model design
- Distribution and advice transformation
Other desirable experience includes:
- Operating model and enterprise architecture development
- Experience of running IT system integration projects within a General, Specialty or Health insurance or related financial services environment
- SDLC project management or support from Project Charter to End User Acceptance and Post Production Support.
- Scaled Agile delivery
- Core systems selection e.g. Policy, Claims, UW, Ratings and/or CRM
- Managing project stakeholders, SME's and Technology from planning phases, design, build and implementation phase
- Facilitation of process redesign workshops
- Managing multi-functional teams of developers, engineers, and QA testers on integration projects.
- Private medical insurance
- Travel allowance
- 25 days annual leave with the opportunity to buy 5 additional days
- Company pension scheme
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Life and Income protection insurance
- Tax efficient benefits (cycle to work, give as you earn)
- Additional optional benefits (Dental, critical illness, spouse/partner life assurance)
Inclusion & Diversity
We recruit, retain, reward and develop our people based solely on their abilities and contributions and without reference to their age, background, disability, genetic information, parental or family status, religion or belief, race, ethnicity, nationality, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity (or expression), political belief veteran status, or other by any other range of human difference brought about by identity and experience. We are on a journey towards ensuring our workforce is diverse at all levels and that our firm is representative of the world around us. We welcome applications from underrepresented groups.
Adjustments or accommodations - Should you need any adjustments or accommodations to the recruitment process, at either application or interview, please contact us.