Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
We believe in the power of ingenuity to build a positive human future.
As strategies, technologies and innovation collide, we create opportunity from complexity.
Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking and breakthrough use of technologies to progress further, faster. Our clients adapt and transform, and together we achieve enduring results.
An innovation and transformation consultancy, we are over 4000 specialists in consumer and manufacturing, defence and security, energy and utilities, financial services, government and public services, health and life sciences, and transport. Our people are strategists, innovators, designers, consultants, digital experts, scientists, engineers and technologists.
We operate globally from offices across the UK, US, Netherlands and Nordics.
PA. Bringing Ingenuity to Life.
Digital Design at PA
Do you crave collaboration and love creating insights that help organizations improve their agility in response to a rapidly changing market?
We are a vibrant service and product design community of experts, with deep specialist practitioner skills across all parts of the design spectrum – covering research, design strategy and service design, UX/UI and IA, through to content, prototyping and movement.
We display a generalist attitude; an understanding of the whole design process, and can easily navigate, communicate and practice the full spectrum.
We are passionate about the possibilities for innovation between Strategy, Design and Front End. We're embedded in mixed discipline teams, are militantly collaborative and believe in continual learning and supportive peer review.
Designers work on the rapid delivery of user centred experience design across a variety of projects, clients and sectors. From strategic target customer experiences that help our clients reimagine their digital ecosystems; improvements to existing enterprise level design systems; to designing new products and services across web and native apps.
You will contribute to all aspects of our design work; producing UX & UI artefacts from sketches, maps and prototypes through to detailed product design. You will have meaningful input to client projects, deliver work with real impact and help shape our vibrant global design community.
Flexible working - We are guided by our client work and needs; however, you have autonomy to manage your time and diary to suit your work/life balance.
What you’ll do
- Collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams to research, conceive and craft delightful digital products and services
- Contribute to and support all types of research and design activities; from interviews and workshops through to prototyping and user testing
- Rapidly visualise ideas, through collaborative sketching and prototyping
- Craft high quality UX & UI artefacts with guidance and direction
- Present your ideas persuasively to internal and external audiences
- Build good relationships with internal teams and clients
- Have a strong focus on quality and timely delivery
- Be a committed member of the design community, contributing to and supporting design team initiatives
- Take an interest in emerging trends, tools and technologies; pushing the creativity and innovation in our work
- Create assets for bids and new business proposals
What you’ll bring
As a Designer you have some industry experience in producing UX and UI design to solve a range of client problems. You know a range of design tools, techniques and processes, and when to apply them. You are curious and an enthusiastic learner. You are keen to get stuck into the work, develop your craft skills and learn new ones.
- Experience working in a multi-disciplinary team environment; actively contributing to a safe and respectful environment where the team can do their best work
- Collaborative and friendly; working openly and transparently with your team
- Communicate clearly and manage expectations about your output
- Understand and apply UX best practice while balancing the technical constraints of your project
- Enjoy knowledge sharing and learning from others
Excellent Practitioner Skills
- Understand quantitative and qualitative research techniques and how to use them to uncover user needs
- Analyse a wide range of data to reframe problems, articulate opportunities and form hypotheses
- Understand design thinking; supporting workshop activities and co-creation sessions; both in person and using online tools
- Sketch target customer experiences, journeys and interfaces
- Create low and high fidelity design artefacts for validation/testing/delivery as required (eg. service blueprints, experience maps, user journeys, wireframes, prototypes, detailed UI design)
- Use design, prototyping and collaboration software (eg. Figma, Sketch, Invision, Zeplin, Storybook, Axure, Adobe XD, Miro, Mural, or any others you can introduce us to)
- Interpret and follow design guidelines
Robust Communication Skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Present your work clearly and concisely; both in person and using online tools
- Sensitively challenge inappropriate ideas and solutions and push for innovation
- Question your own thinking and actively seek feedback on your output
Life At PA encompasses our peoples' experience at PA. It's about how we enrich peoples’ working lives by giving them access to unique people and growth opportunities and purpose led meaningful work.
We believe diversity fuels ingenuity. Diversity of thought brings exciting perspectives; diversity of experience brings a wealth of knowledge, and diversity of skills brings the tools we need. When we bring people together with diverse backgrounds, identities, and minds, embracing that difference through an inclusive culture where our people thrive; we unleash the power of diversity – bringing ingenuity to life.
Find out more about Life at PA here.
We are dedicated to supporting the physical, emotional, social and financial well-being of our people. Check out some of our extensive benefits:
- Health and lifestyle perks accompanying private healthcare for you and your family
- 25 days annual leave (plus a bonus half day on Christmas Eve) with the opportunity to buy 5 additional days
- Generous company pension scheme
- Opportunity to get involved with community and charity-based initiatives
- Annual performance-based bonus
- PA share ownership
- Tax efficient benefits (cycle to work, give as you earn)
We recruit, retain, reward and develop our people based solely on their abilities and contributions and without reference to their age, background, disability, genetic information, parental or family status, religion or belief, race, ethnicity, nationality, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity (or expression), political belief veteran status, or other by any other range of human difference brought about by identity and experience. We are on a journey towards ensuring our workforce is diverse at all levels and that our firm is representative of the world around us. We welcome applications from underrepresented groups.
Please note: We like to recruit lots of great people into this role, across all ranks. You will see this advertised year-round and will be individually reviewed by our recruiting team who will reach out to you dependent on your suitability at this time or in the future.
Adjustments or accommodations - Should you need any adjustments or accommodations to the recruitment process, at either application or interview, please contact us.