Agile Transformation Consultant - Defence and Security
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
We believe in the power of ingenuity to build a positive human future.
As strategies, technologies and innovation collide, we create opportunity from complexity.
Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking and breakthrough use of technologies to progress further, faster. Our clients adapt and transform, and together we achieve enduring results.
An innovation and transformation consultancy, we are over 4000 specialists in consumer and manufacturing, defence and security, energy and utilities, financial services, government and public services, health and life sciences, and transport. Our people are strategists, innovators, designers, consultants, digital experts, scientists, engineers and technologists.
We operate globally from offices across the UK, US, Netherlands and Nordics.
PA. Bringing Ingenuity to Life.
Would you like to be part of an inspiring global team that leads the way in Agile consulting? At PA Consulting, we help the largest and most complex organisations on one end of the spectrum to start-ups wanting to scale at pace at the other. We are the leading consultancy and thought leaders in organisational agility with our clients spanning across the UK and internationally. As such, we have unrivalled experience, collateral and insight. We have accelerated drug development, helped transform the world to green energy, catapulted a fintech of 400 people into the S&P500 and reimagined visas and immigration. We have taken business agility to shipping companies and improved manufacturing quality whilst reducing time to market. That’s just a few of over 200 incredibly inspiring assignments that we have delivered!
We are looking for exceptional Agile Transformation experts with experience in the defence and security sector to join our growing team, who have helped organisations systemically improve their ability to deliver change at the pace they need to succeed. Candidates should be experienced in operating model design, training and coaching teams to blend the right Agile, Lean, Design Thinking, DevOps and Kanban practices to address an organisations objectives
By collaborating with your colleagues and providing leadership and coaching within Agile principles, you will manage some of our most exciting projects across our portfolio of FTSE100, Fortune 500 and government clients. It’s your chance to be part of our vision; to build the best Agile consultancy in the world. You will have the opportunity to:
- Design best-in-class consultancy solutions that set us apart from our competition
- Take early opportunities during the sales lifecycle and perform a variety of roles across the whole change lifecycle
- Provide coaching and training services that will ensure we achieve our goals
- Combine your cross-functional skills in project and programme management to create scope for continuous improvement
- Be part of an exceptionally vibrant Agile community.
Our Agile capability will help you to drive your career forward, in all aspects of agility, as it applies to organisations large and small. With your flexibility and ability to travel to our major clients, we can help you grow alongside our diverse team of experts. It’s your chance to be part of our vision; to build the best Agile consultancy in the world.
We know the skill-gap and ‘somewhat need to tick every box’ can get in the way of meeting brilliant candidates, so please don’t hesitate to apply – we’d love to hear from you.
You must have:
- A minimum of 2 years’ operational experience working within an Agile team delivering, full lifecycle, Agile Transformation programmes
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience working within the Defence or National Security sector
- Sole British national, eligible to work on secure client sites
- Exceptional interpersonal skills to build strong relationships with top-level stakeholders
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Excellent written skills
- Exceptional stakeholder management skills
- Flexibility to travel both nationally and internationally to our clients
- A desire to develop PA’s internal Agile Capability as well as working with our clients.
You will have some, if not all, of the following:
- Experience leading multiple Agile teams (e.g. using Scrum of Scrums, as an RTE or Kanban Lead)
- An understanding of scaling frameworks including SAFe, LeSS, Scrum@Scale and its application to programmes and portfolios
- Experience in coaching teams to adopt Agile ways of working
- Experience in Product Management, for example as Product Owner with accountabilities for managing a product end-to-end; developing value propositions through growth, maturity and decline
- Experience supporting an organisation move from Project to Product, developing and maturing a Product Management capability
- A thorough understanding of different delivery models from waterfall, to iterative, to continuous delivery within high profile engagements
- An ability to oversee transformation backlog creation, refinement and prioritisation with well-defined acceptance criteria
- Experience of facilitating team participation in collaborative planning activities (such as PI Planning)
- A robust understanding of Lean principles and their application to industry
- An understanding of Lean Portfolio Management
- Portfolio level experience. A proven track record of delivering complex IT and technology projects using Agile methodologies
- Experience of deploying business change techniques resulting in sustainable changes to behaviours.
You may also have:
- Experience supporting the introduction of Design Thinking practices into teams
- Experience in coaching leaders to adopt agile ways of working and a servant leadership mindset
- Experience of rescuing complex programmes, baselining and understanding key metrics and prioritising remediation plans
- Knowledge of Agile procurement practices and experience of managing the commercial side of project delivery
- Training qualifications in a scaling framework such as SAFe SPC or Certified Kanban Management Professional.
- Experience of running consulting assignment teams.
Life At PA encompasses our peoples' experience at PA. It's about how we enrich peoples’ working lives by giving them access to unique people and growth opportunities and purpose led meaningful work.
We believe diversity fuels ingenuity. Diversity of thought brings exciting perspectives; diversity of experience brings a wealth of knowledge, and diversity of skills brings the tools we need. When we bring people together with diverse backgrounds, identities, and minds, embracing that difference through an inclusive culture where our people thrive; we unleash the power of diversity – bringing ingenuity to life.
Find out more about Life at PA here.
We are dedicated to supporting the physical, emotional, social and financial well-being of our people. Check out some of our extensive benefits:
- Health and lifestyle perks accompanying private healthcare for you and your family
- 25 days annual leave (plus a bonus half day on Christmas Eve) with the opportunity to buy 5 additional days
- Generous company pension scheme
- Opportunity to get involved with community and charity-based initiatives
- Annual performance-based bonus
- PA share ownership
- Tax efficient benefits (cycle to work, give as you earn)
We recruit, retain, reward and develop our people based solely on their abilities and contributions and without reference to their age, background, disability, genetic information, parental or family status, religion or belief, race, ethnicity, nationality, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity (or expression), political belief veteran status, or other by any other range of human difference brought about by identity and experience. We are on a journey towards ensuring our workforce is diverse at all levels and that our firm is representative of the world around us. We welcome applications from underrepresented groups.
Adjustments or accommodations - Should you need any adjustments or accommodations to the recruitment process, at either application or interview, please contact us.