Care Technology Case Manager
Location: Remote - Global
Job Type: Full time
- This is a permanent, full-time role.
- The role will be ‘work from home’ based with the option to work in PA’s London office (in Victoria). The role will require regular travel to Maidstone in Kent (Approx. once or twice a week), occasional travel to London and Winchester in Hampshire.
- The role is for 40 hours a week worked within 9am to 6pm Monday to Friday.
We believe in the power of ingenuity to build a positive human future.
As strategies, technologies and innovation collide, we create opportunity from complexity.
Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking and breakthrough use of technologies to progress further, faster. Our clients adapt and transform, and together we achieve enduring results.
An innovation and transformation consultancy, we are over 4000 specialists in consumer and manufacturing, defence and security, energy and utilities, financial services, government and public services, health and life sciences, and transport. Our people are strategists, innovators, designers, consultants, digital experts, scientists, engineers and technologists.
We operate globally from offices across the UK, US, Netherlands and Nordics.
PA. Bringing Ingenuity to Life.
What is next in your career?
We are seeking a Care Technology Case Manager to join our Argenti care technology partnership’s Kent service. This is a great opportunity to join a market leader in the use of care technology and help achieve better outcomes and quality of life for vulnerable service users, their families and carers.
In 2013, PA Consulting created the Argenti partnership, which works with councils around the country to deliver care technology services to help people live safe and independent lives. The partnership is made up of four other specialist firms, Red Alert, Appello, Xantura and Think Local Act Personal.
High-quality adult care is critical for millions of people. But for many, it can feel like they’re losing their independence. And councils and care providers are struggling with the costs of one-to-one support. With less money available for social care and more people than ever needing it, there’s a growing realisation that technology can help fill the void.
Through Argenti, PA does this by providing instant access to reassurance and support 24/7 every day of the year, using a range of technology, including inconspicuous wearable devices. This allows people to manage their own needs with the technology acting as a safety net, helping them live normal lives and stepping in when they need more support.
Argenti Kent - We have recently been appointed by Kent County Council to deliver their Technology Enhanced Lives contract over five years (with the possibility of extension). Kent County Council already has a track record of using and innovating with care technology and is ambitious for the role that care technology can play in improving the lives of Kent residents.
You will have opportunity to:
The successful applicant will contribute to developing one of the largest and most ambitious care technology services in the country. The role will provide substantial opportunity to further develop skills and expertise, and contribute directly to projects that test new approaches to care technology. The role will work directly with our partner organisations, with council managers, social workers and other practitioners, advising on and helping manage care technology solutions for vulnerable people.
- Overseeing our overall roster of technology, working closely with Argenti partners Red Alert and Appello
- Horizon scanning for new equipment we could introduce to add value to our services
- Rigorously testing and evaluating promising equipment and applications for applicability to our service, using our established framework
- Overseeing the pathway and service for users with more complex needs
- Reviewing referrals and installations plans and activities, working with Red Alert, Appello and Kent County Council
- Overseeing escalated needs activities
- Deputy operations management, working directly with the Operations Manager and Argenti partner organisations
- Updating policies and procedures, working with our partners and Kent County Council
- Undertaking quality assurance activities for our service, including elements overseen by our partners
- Leading agreed service development and innovation activities including contributing to the planning and execution of annual innovation sprints in Kent County Council
- Working with Kent County Council TEC facilitators to support and delver training events
- Working with Kent and our partnership to design new pathways for different user cohorts
Necessary skills and attributes
- Experience of supporting vulnerable people within a health or social care context
- Experience of working with care technology or a similar / related type of technology
- Strongly motivated to support vulnerable people to live fulfilling, independent lives
- Great communication skills, able to engage with partner organisations, stakeholders and clients independently and produce relevant reports and / or materials
- Demonstrated technical proficiency and aptitude for working with and learning about new technology
- A collaborative team player who works well with others
- Organised with good project management abilities and excellent attention to detail
- Enjoys problem solving
- Adaptable to different scenarios and tasks and resilient in the face of any service challenges
- Good analytical skills
- Proficient using MS excel, PowerPoint and Word
Desirable (but not necessary)
- Direct experience of working with a council in an adult social care context
- Direct experience of using and installing care technology
- Experience of working with a monitoring organisation
We know the skill-gap and ‘somewhat need to tick every box’ can get in the way of meeting brilliant candidates, so please don’t hesitate to apply – we’d love to hear from you.
Apply today by completing our online application
The internal company title will be Complex Case and Innovation Manager
Life At PA encompasses our peoples' experience at PA. It's about how we enrich peoples’ working lives by giving them access to unique people and growth opportunities and purpose led meaningful work.
We believe diversity fuels ingenuity. Diversity of thought brings exciting perspectives; diversity of experience brings a wealth of knowledge, and diversity of skills brings the tools we need. When we bring people together with diverse backgrounds, identities, and minds, embracing that difference through an inclusive culture where our people thrive; we unleash the power of diversity – bringing ingenuity to life.
Find out more about Life at PA here.
We are dedicated to supporting the physical, emotional, social and financial well-being of our people. Check out some of our extensive benefits:
- Health and lifestyle perks accompanying private healthcare for you and your family
- 25 days annual leave (plus a bonus half day on Christmas Eve) with the opportunity to buy 5 additional days
- Generous company pension scheme
- Opportunity to get involved with community and charity-based initiatives
- Annual performance-based bonus
- PA share ownership
- Tax efficient benefits (cycle to work, give as you earn)
We recruit, retain, reward and develop our people based solely on their abilities and contributions and without reference to their age, background, disability, genetic information, parental or family status, religion or belief, race, ethnicity, nationality, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity (or expression), political belief veteran status, or other by any other range of human difference brought about by identity and experience. We are on a journey towards ensuring our workforce is diverse at all levels and that our firm is representative of the world around us. We welcome applications from underrepresented groups.
Adjustments or accommodations - Should you need any adjustments or accommodations to the recruitment process, at either application or interview, please contact us.