Senior Systems Engineering Consultants
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
We believe in the power of ingenuity to build a positive human future.
As strategies, technologies and innovation collide, we create opportunity from complexity.
Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking and breakthrough use of technologies to progress further, faster. Our clients adapt and transform, and together we achieve enduring results.
An innovation and transformation consultancy, we are over 4000 specialists in consumer and manufacturing, defence and security, energy and utilities, financial services, government and public services, health and life sciences, and transport. Our people are strategists, innovators, designers, consultants, digital experts, scientists, engineers and technologists.
We operate globally from offices across the UK, US, Netherlands and Nordics.
PA. Bringing Ingenuity to Life.
- We work flexibly at PA, but your work base will be whichever of the following offices is nearest to you - Cambridge, Bristol, Edinburgh, London (Victoria), Manchester
- Full time
- Application deadline: ASAP
- We are guided by our client work and needs; however, you have autonomy to manage your time and diary to suit your work/life balance.
What is next in your career?
Systems Engineering at PA
Our Systems Thinking and Engineering experts create lasting change through the insight they generate and the complex systems they design and deliver for clients in aerospace, defence, health, transport and energy. The systems we create deliver a positive human future – they save lives, drive towards net-zero and protect the vulnerable.
Examples of these include:
- Finding and preventing online harm
- Generating clean energy
- Supporting law enforcement in preventing the highest harm criminality
- Development of cutting-edge transport solutions reducing the need for fossil fuels
- Creation and optimisation of defence systems across land, sea, air and space
- Implementation of AI and machine learning to transform data analysis
- Designing organisations to create new ways of working for our clients
- Human factors and behavioural analysis to inform government policy and strategy with lasting impact
Our success is driven by how we understand the intricate nature of each component part of these highly sophisticated systems. We draw on a wealth of knowledge from our team of diversely talented consultants. We combine our knowledge on Systems Engineering,Systems Thinkingand Enterprise Architecture to be the go-to company for developing practical and innovative systems for complex real world strategic issues.
As a Systems leader you will be working on projects with true impact on everyday life, delivering game changing solutions. This role will include leading systems development in programmes across the whole lifecycle.
Systems Insights and Solutions Makes a Difference
Virgin Hyperloop –With speeds three times faster than high-speed rail, hyperloop will reduce a 300 km commute to under 20 minutes. Our systems engineering and enterprise architecture experts were at the heart of the engineering effort, producing the concept and systems designs for an unprecedented new form of transport.
Defence sector client – Investigating the feasibility of integrating Unmanned Traffic Management (UTM) and Counter-UAS (CUAS) systems to create a single, highly capable, airspace management platform. Our engineers looked at the architecture integration to enable data sharing between the two systems. They utilised UML modelling to demonstrate feasibility across representative scenarios. This resulted in a huge step forward in enabling and directing aviation security across the UK.
Please note: We like to recruit lots of great people into this role, across all ranks. You will see this advertised year-round and will be individually reviewed by our recruiting team who will reach out to you dependant on your suitability at this time or in the future
These are senior roles, where you will lead Systems teams designing solutions on complex programmes. To rise to this challenge you will have excellent soft skills and have demonstrated experience successfully delivering such programmes in a relevant subject area.
It is essential that you will have had significant exposure in:
- Systems definition and design
- Systems modelling and/or architecture, to assist in design, analysis and communicating systems to a wide variety of audiences
- Systems integration, verification and validation approaches
- Ability to communicate complex issues to a broad range of stakeholders
- Enterprise architecture
- Systems modelling software or tools
It is ideal for you to have previously worked with clients/organisations in:
- Defence and Security – Space, land, sea and air
- Public Sector
- Energy and utilities
- Health and Life Sciences
- Consumer and manufacturing
Eligible to work on secure client sites
We know the skill-gap and ‘somewhat need to tick every box’ can get in the way of meeting brilliant candidates, so please don’t hesitate to apply – we’d love to hear from you.
Apply today by completing our online application
Life At PA encompasses our peoples' experience at PA. It's about how we enrich peoples’ working lives by giving them access to unique people and growth opportunities and purpose led meaningful work.
We believe diversity fuels ingenuity. Diversity of thought brings exciting perspectives; diversity of experience brings a wealth of knowledge, and diversity of skills brings the tools we need. When we bring people together with diverse backgrounds, identities, and minds, embracing that difference through an inclusive culture where our people thrive; we unleash the power of diversity – bringing ingenuity to life.
Find out more about Life at PA here.
We are dedicated to supporting the physical, emotional, social and financial well-being of our people. Check out some of our extensive benefits:
- Health and lifestyle perks accompanying private healthcare for you and your family
- 25 days annual leave (plus a bonus half day on Christmas Eve) with the opportunity to buy 5 additional days
- Generous company pension scheme
- Opportunity to get involved with community and charity-based initiatives
- Annual performance-based bonus
- PA share ownership
- Tax efficient benefits (cycle to work, give as you earn)
We recruit, retain, reward and develop our people based solely on their abilities and contributions and without reference to their age, background, disability, genetic information, parental or family status, religion or belief, race, ethnicity, nationality, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity (or expression), political belief veteran status, or other by any other range of human difference brought about by identity and experience. We are on a journey towards ensuring our workforce is diverse at all levels and that our firm is representative of the world around us. We welcome applications from underrepresented groups.
Adjustments or accommodations - Should you need any adjustments or accommodations to the recruitment process, at either application or interview, please contact us.