Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
We believe in the power of ingenuity to build a positive human future.
As strategies, technologies and innovation collide, we create opportunity from complexity.
Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking and breakthrough use of technologies to progress further, faster. Our clients adapt and transform, and together we achieve enduring results.
An innovation and transformation consultancy, we are over 4000 specialists in consumer and manufacturing, defence and security, energy and utilities, financial services, government and public services, health and life sciences, and transport. Our people are strategists, innovators, designers, consultants, digital experts, scientists, engineers and technologists.
We operate globally from offices across the UK, US, Netherlands and Nordics.
PA. Bringing Ingenuity to Life.
- We work flexibly at PA, but your work base will be whichever of the following offices is nearest to you - Cambridge, Bristol, Edinburgh, London (Victoria), Manchester
- Full time
- Application deadline: ASAP
- We are guided by our client work and needs; however, you have autonomy to manage your time and diary to suit your work/life balance.
Stuck in a rut, needing a new challenge?
Systems Insight & Solutions at PA
Our Systems Insight and Solutions team are looking for exceptional Business Analysts to join the team. Systems Insight and Solutions capability combine deep industry insights with innovative systems approaches and methods to help organisations achieve exceptional results that have a lasting impact on businesses, communities, and people worldwide. Our Business Analysts play a key role in delivering practical solutions which help to achieve these results. We are looking for Business Analysts across a variety of levels who wish to develop their career. You will be a part of a team providing direction, guidance, and support to both clients and PA's wider business.
Business Analysts at PA work on some of the most exciting and diverse projects across dozens of clients. We have been crucial in the delivery of large-scale defence platforms, the development of cutting-edge transport solutions which are shaped by the requirements of modern societies, and helped to deliver the Ventilator Challenge in 2020. These are just a few examples of some of the inspiring and ground-breaking work we do.
The scope of your involvement with projects will be vast and varied, helping organisations to define their needs and optimise their business. You will have the opportunity to:
- Work with our clients to define and steer business analysis workstreams across programmes and projects
- Tailor PA's business analysis framework to meet the specific needs of a client environment
- Work with clients to ensure processes are defined and requirements are captured and managed effectively
- Help clients build a compelling case for change and manage transformation in a controlled and effective way
- Provide support to programme and project implementation
- Perform assurance reviews of client's capabilities, drawing on PA's business analysis assurance framework and supported by your own business analysis experience
- Develop personal knowledge and skills by attending and delivering training
Please note: We like to recruit lots of great people into this role, across all ranks. You will see this advertised year-round and will be individually reviewed by our recruiting team who will reach out to you dependant on your suitability at this time or in the future
- Experience of working as a Business Analyst in these areas:
- Defence and Security
- Health and Life Sciences
- Energy and Utilities
- Public Services
- The ability to articulate the approaches, tools, and responsibilities of a business analyst
- Exceptional stakeholder management skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills to build strong relationships with top-level stakeholders
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Excellent written skills
- A desire to support PA's internal capabilities and develop PA's Business Analysis expertise
Desirable experience includes:
- Process modelling, capturing business requirements, performing gap analyses, and devising strategies to tackle complex challenges
- Practical know-how and knowledge in business analysis and industry recognised tools and techniques
- Ability to mediate between low-level technical detail and higher-level objectives
- Working as a BA in a scrum team and supporting product owners to articulate business needs across epics, features and user stories
- Facilitating workshops and interviews with key stakeholders to elicit requirements and key information
- Thorough understanding of different delivery models including Waterfall and Agile
- Understanding of test approaches and experience in supporting testing activities, including development and execution of test scripts
- Certifications in Business Analysis (e.g., BCS)
- Defining the business analysis approach for large scale programmes and complex procurements
- Leading teams of business analysts to deliver programme outcomes
- Experience of coaching and developing teams to adopt business analysis approaches and frameworks
This is a fantastic opportunity to grow and develop yourself and your career at PA, so we are also looking for excellent interpersonal skills and the drive to succeed.
We know the skill-gap and ‘somewhat need to tick every box’ can get in the way of meeting brilliant candidates, so please don’t hesitate to apply – we’d love to hear from you.
Apply today by completing our online application
Eligible to work on secure client sites
Life At PA encompasses our peoples' experience at PA. It's about how we enrich peoples’ working lives by giving them access to unique people and growth opportunities and purpose led meaningful work.
We believe diversity fuels ingenuity. Diversity of thought brings exciting perspectives; diversity of experience brings a wealth of knowledge, and diversity of skills brings the tools we need. When we bring people together with diverse backgrounds, identities, and minds, embracing that difference through an inclusive culture where our people thrive; we unleash the power of diversity – bringing ingenuity to life.
Find out more about Life at PA here.
We are dedicated to supporting the physical, emotional, social and financial well-being of our people. Check out some of our extensive benefits:
- Health and lifestyle perks accompanying private healthcare for you and your family
- 25 days annual leave (plus a bonus half day on Christmas Eve) with the opportunity to buy 5 additional days
- Generous company pension scheme
- Opportunity to get involved with community and charity-based initiatives
- Annual performance-based bonus
- PA share ownership
- Tax efficient benefits (cycle to work, give as you earn)
We recruit, retain, reward and develop our people based solely on their abilities and contributions and without reference to their age, background, disability, genetic information, parental or family status, religion or belief, race, ethnicity, nationality, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity (or expression), political belief veteran status, or other by any other range of human difference brought about by identity and experience. We are on a journey towards ensuring our workforce is diverse at all levels and that our firm is representative of the world around us. We welcome applications from underrepresented groups.
Adjustments or accommodations - Should you need any adjustments or accommodations to the recruitment process, at either application or interview, please contact us.