Cloud Security Architect
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
We believe in the power of ingenuity to build a positive human future.
As strategies, technologies and innovation collide, we create opportunity from complexity.
Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking and breakthrough use of technologies to progress further, faster. Our clients adapt and transform, and together we achieve enduring results.
An innovation and transformation consultancy, we are over 4000 specialists in consumer and manufacturing, defence and security, energy and utilities, financial services, government and public services, health and life sciences, and transport. Our people are strategists, innovators, designers, consultants, digital experts, scientists, engineers and technologists.
We operate globally from offices across the UK, US, Netherlands and Nordics.
PA. Bringing Ingenuity to Life.
Ready to make a transformative impact on the world?
We're seeking an outstanding Cloud Security Architect to join our Digital Trust and Cyber Security Team. This opportunity is perfect for individuals across diverse industries, aspiring to play a crucial part in guiding both large and small organizations as they embark on their cloud journey or fortify their existing cloud infrastructure.
You will have opportunity to:
- Lead architectural reviews of client cloud implementations against best practice, relevant threats and acceptable risks
- Define and implement cloud security strategies and roadmaps (for both design and remediation activities)
- Collaborate across strategy, transformation, and digital engineering parts of PA to develop and manage the implementation of secure cloud architectures
- Provide support to building the cloud security capability within PA by helping build a wider community and assist in keeping the DTCS team up to date on vendor platform changes, new architectural approaches and best practice
- Setup architecture examples and proof of concepts on vendor platforms to illustrate best practice
- Carry out the day to day tasking of small teams when working on assignments
Please note: We like to recruit lots of great people into this role, across all ranks. You will see this advertised year-round and will be individually reviewed by our recruiting team who will reach out to you dependant on your suitability at this time or in the future
- A proven track record, of working with one or more of the main cloud vendor platforms ideally AWS
- Good understanding of security tooling for cloud as well as security automation
- Bachelor's or Master’s Degree in IT or relevant field that demonstrates your interest in IT, cloud and cyber security
- Amazon AWS, Google Cloud or Microsoft Azure cloud architect professional qualifications
- ISC2 CISSP accreditation or equivalent internationally recognised membership
- Demonstrable background in security architecture including experience in designing and implementing technology solutions using firewall, secure networks, IDS / IPS, and IDAM systems
- A firm grasp of the threat actors and mitigations for technology risks and a keenness for learning and keeping pace with technology and ways of working
- Experience of leading the design & architecture of cloud capabilities, including managing operational risk and assurance
- Hands-on-experience working in roles across all phases of the portfolio, programme and project lifecycles
- Familiarity with relevant cyber security standards, to include NIST CSF, ISO 27001 and broader views of good practice
We know the skill-gap and ‘somewhat need to tick every box’ can get in the way of meeting brilliant candidates, so please don’t hesitate to apply – we’d love to hear from you.
Flexible working - We are guided by our client work and needs; however, you have autonomy to manage your time and diary to suit your work/life balance.
Apply today by completing our online application
Life At PA encompasses our peoples' experience at PA. It's about how we enrich peoples’ working lives by giving them access to unique people and growth opportunities and purpose led meaningful work.
We believe diversity fuels ingenuity. Diversity of thought brings exciting perspectives; diversity of experience brings a wealth of knowledge, and diversity of skills brings the tools we need. When we bring people together with diverse backgrounds, identities, and minds, embracing that difference through an inclusive culture where our people thrive; we unleash the power of diversity – bringing ingenuity to life.
Find out more about Life at PA here.
We are dedicated to supporting the physical, emotional, social and financial well-being of our people. Check out some of our extensive benefits:
- Health and lifestyle perks accompanying private healthcare for you and your family
- 25 days annual leave (plus a bonus half day on Christmas Eve) with the opportunity to buy 5 additional days
- Generous company pension scheme
- Opportunity to get involved with community and charity-based initiatives
- Annual performance-based bonus
- PA share ownership
- Tax efficient benefits (cycle to work, give as you earn)
We recruit, retain, reward and develop our people based solely on their abilities and contributions and without reference to their age, background, disability, genetic information, parental or family status, religion or belief, race, ethnicity, nationality, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity (or expression), political belief veteran status, or other by any other range of human difference brought about by identity and experience. We are on a journey towards ensuring our workforce is diverse at all levels and that our firm is representative of the world around us. We welcome applications from underrepresented groups.
Adjustments or accommodations - Should you need any adjustments or accommodations to the recruitment process, at either application or interview, please contact us.