Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
We believe in the power of ingenuity to build a positive human future.
As strategies, technologies and innovation collide, we create opportunity from complexity.
Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking and breakthrough use of technologies to progress further, faster. Our clients adapt and transform, and together we achieve enduring results.
An innovation and transformation consultancy, we are over 4000 specialists in consumer and manufacturing, defence and security, energy and utilities, financial services, government and public services, health and life sciences, and transport. Our people are strategists, innovators, designers, consultants, digital experts, scientists, engineers and technologists.
We operate globally from offices across the UK, US, Netherlands and Nordics.
PA. Bringing Ingenuity to Life.
We are looking for a senior hardware architect(FPGA) with an embedded systems focus to develop electronic platforms for defence and security applications. You will be called upon to develop solutions at the system level as well as take on the detailed electronic design work required to realise your concept.
Although this role is focussed on defence and security applications, you will have the opportunity to apply your skills to other sectors in which we are active including healthcare and consumer. Sharing ideas across sectors is embedded within our way of working.
The key technologies for our current projects include:
- Software Defined Radio,
- high-speed networking, and
- ‘hardsec’ / novel hardware-based cybersecurity.
Clients often approach us with unique challenges that require a creative outlook and an adaptable skill set.
Flexible working - We are guided by our client work and needs; however, you have autonomy to manage your time and diary to suit your work/life balance.
- A proven track record of developing elegant hardware architectures in a high-end embedded application space.
- Well versed in a breadth of core electronics disciplines including analogue and digital circuit design and a deep understanding of embedded systems.
- An excellent understanding of key embedded technologies including FPGA, high-end CPUs and SoCs, high speed communication techniques and DDRx memory.
- Exposure to the full product lifecycle from concept generation through to product release including demonstrable experience of delivering your designs into service.
- Possession of a good understanding of the regulatory landscape of the UK, EU and US and a proven track record of designing for compliance with appropriate standards.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and be comfortable explaining complex engineering concepts to both a technical and non-technical audience.
And the following qualities:
- Someone not afraid to be ‘Hands-on’ and work with the team to work through challenges from first principles on the bench.
- Energy and enthusiasm to take on unfamiliar challenges, coupled with the ability to innovate and think freely.
- Enthusiasm to help build the careers of our less experienced engineers.
We know the skill-gap and ‘somewhat need to tick every box’ can get in the way of meeting brilliant candidates, so please don’t hesitate to apply – we’d love to hear from you.
Apply today by completing our online application
Life At PA encompasses our peoples' experience at PA. It's about how we enrich peoples’ working lives by giving them access to unique people and growth opportunities and purpose led meaningful work.
We believe diversity fuels ingenuity. Diversity of thought brings exciting perspectives; diversity of experience brings a wealth of knowledge, and diversity of skills brings the tools we need. When we bring people together with diverse backgrounds, identities, and minds, embracing that difference through an inclusive culture where our people thrive; we unleash the power of diversity – bringing ingenuity to life.
Find out more about Life at PA here.
We are dedicated to supporting the physical, emotional, social and financial well-being of our people. Check out some of our extensive benefits:
- Health and lifestyle perks accompanying private healthcare for you and your family
- 25 days annual leave (plus a bonus half day on Christmas Eve) with the opportunity to buy 5 additional days
- Generous company pension scheme
- Opportunity to get involved with community and charity-based initiatives
- Annual performance-based bonus
- PA share ownership
- Tax efficient benefits (cycle to work, give as you earn)
We recruit, retain, reward and develop our people based solely on their abilities and contributions and without reference to their age, background, disability, genetic information, parental or family status, religion or belief, race, ethnicity, nationality, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity (or expression), political belief veteran status, or other by any other range of human difference brought about by identity and experience. We are on a journey towards ensuring our workforce is diverse at all levels and that our firm is representative of the world around us. We welcome applications from underrepresented groups.
Adjustments or accommodations - Should you need any adjustments or accommodations to the recruitment process, at either application or interview, please contact us.