Internship - IC Validation, Cambridge
Job Type: Full time
Qualcomm Technologies International Ltd
Job Area:Interns Group, Interns Group > Interim Intern
The IC Validation group purpose is to validate the implementation of Qualcomm IPs within products, and ensure products are suitable for mass production. To meet this goal, a large part of the role is to develop test systems, automation, testing and troubleshooting of subsequent issues.
This role requires good knowledge of both hardware and software to effectively produce outcomes. Areas of focus include, analog/digital audio, Power Management Units (PMU), battery management, auxiliary functions, peripherals, power optimisation, pre-silicon design emulation, among others.
The primary role for the IC Validation intern is to work with a technical lead in designing and implementing Qualcomm’s validation test systems to guarantee functionality according to the device specifications and external customer requirements. This often requires generating new test hardware, test scripts, data analysis scripts and distinctive measurement techniques to accomplish cell, sub-system, and system level validation. Further expectations include debugging faulty modules, data analysis, and communication of the results within Qualcomm to meet new product introduction milestones.
The intern will take ownership of certain aspects of a project and will be responsible for delivering on assignments at timescale agreed with the group leader. Tasks will be well defined, and the Intern is expected to work with supervision from a senior team member.
- Contribute to requirements capture and programme reviews.
- Task definition and breakdown including time and risk estimation.
- Develop tests scripts/hardware of moderate scale and complexity to agreed timescales under moderate supervision.
- Maintenance of scripts and hardware.
- Debug of hardware including defect investigation.
- Deliver high quality automation and hardware in line with the department’s processes.
- Collate, summarise and present validation data for review.
- Run scripts, analysing and confirming the validity of results using data analysis and statistics.
- Automate standard lab equipment (power supplies, spectrum analyzers, signal generators)
- Dedicate time to learning and development (new scripting languages, test methodology, test equipment, etc).
- Knowledge of analogue and digital semiconductor circuits
- Familiarity with test equipment; power supplies, high performance oscilloscopes, audio analyzers, signal generators, spectrum analyzers.
- Familiarity with a scripting language (Python/C/C# etc)
- Familiarity with R language-based data analysis tools
- Ability to draw inferences and highlight key points from a data set
- Demonstrate analytical problem-solving skills
- Experience of working in a test lab
- Ability to produce automation with Python and R Language
- Detailed knowledge of Analog and Digital Audio, Power Management Units (PMU), Battery Management, Auxiliary functions, Peripherals, Power Optimisation techniques.
Education Requirements: Pursuing a Degree or equivalent qualification in maths/science/electronics
*References to a particular number of years experience are for indicative purposes only. Applications from candidates with equivalent experience will be considered, provided that the candidate can demonstrate an ability to fulfill the principal duties of the role and possesses the required competencies.
Applicants: If you are an individual with a disability and need an accommodation during the application/hiring process, please call Qualcomm’s toll-free number found here for assistance. Qualcomm will provide reasonable accommodations, upon request, to support individuals with disabilities to be able participate in the hiring process. Qualcomm is also committed to making our workplace accessible for individuals with disabilities. Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies:Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at Qualcomm. Staffing and recruiting agencies and individuals being represented by an agency are not authorized to use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes, and any such submissions will be considered unsolicited. Qualcomm does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Qualcomm employees or any other company location. Qualcomm is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
If you would like more information about this role, please contact Qualcomm Careers.