IoT Connectivity and Security Staff Product Manager
Location: United Kingdom, United States
Job Type: Full time
Qualcomm Technologies, Inc.
Job Area:Operations Group, Operations Group > Product Management
Qualcomm is seeking a product manager passionate about connectivity, connectivity management and security related solutions who can drive iSIM related initiatives within the Company.
Successful candidate will analyze market trends and competitive information, and consolidate customer requirements in order to contribute to the definition of the QCX product roadmap and detailed product requirements. He/she will then play a key role engaging both direct and indirect customers throughout the various phases of the projects, defining go-to-market strategies and prioritizing product requirements. All such activities being large in scope will require careful liaising with internal stakeholders, i.e., engineering, business development, standards teams, and adjacent businesses’ product management teams.
In particular, the successful candidate will focus on eSIM, softSIM and iSIM initiatives across all QCX chipsets.
Responsibilities will include:
- Gather and consolidate standards related and market requirements for ieUICC/eUICC solutions and translate those into detailed product requirements and product roadmap.
- Drive engagement with 3rd parties, e.g., EUMs, MNO/MVNOs, connectivity management service providers, module and device OEMs, to define technical workflows along the value chain and corresponding business models.
- Closely work with internal stakeholders, and in particular with the engg teams, throughout the product design cycle (architecture definition, design, development, deployment, and maintenance) of ieUICC solutions.
He/she shall be a self-driven, results-oriented individual with a positive outlook in establishing relations with global cross functional team, shall thrive in a collaborative environment and have proven track record in bringing clarity and structure to solve complex problems.
- Expert level knowledge on telecommunication technical specifications for eSIM/ eUICC and certification process.
- Proficient experience on handling global MNOs/OEMs requirements and act as technical advisor.
- Knowledge of embedded SIM subscription management for M2M and consumer devices.
- Knowledge of SIM OTA platform for over the air management of SIM cards.
- Knowledge of industry landscape (vendors, market opportunities, industry ecosystem, etc.) for embedded SIM and secure element based technologies.
- Knowledge of network architecture for LTE and NR networks.
- Experience in following standards: ETSI / 3GPP standards used for UICC, SIM, Toolkit and OTA features; Java card Operating system based and System behavior of applet lifecycle; Keys management, Card Content Management, secure channel protocols (SCP 01, SCP11 etc.)
- Experience in product management and business development for consumer products and services
- Electrical Engineering or Computer Sciences degree or equivalent experience in telecommunications or technology industries
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, Humanities, or related field.
- 5+ years of Product Management or related work experience.
- 10+ years of Product Management or related work experience.
- 3+ years of working in a large matrixed organization.
- 2+ years of working with operating budgets and/or project financials.
- 2+ years of negotiating 3rd party business agreements.
Although this role has some expected minor physical activity, this should not deter otherwise qualified applicants from applying. If you are an individual with a physical or mental disability and need an accommodation during the application/hiring process, please call Qualcomm’s toll-free number found herefor assistance. Qualcomm will provide reasonable accommodations, upon request, to support individuals with disabilities as part of our ongoing efforts to create an accessible workplace.
Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies:Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at Qualcomm. Staffing and recruiting agencies and individuals being represented by an agency are not authorized to use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes, and any such submissions will be considered unsolicited. Qualcomm does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Qualcomm employees or any other company location. Qualcomm is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
EEO Employer: Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or any other protected classification.
Pay range:$171,000.00 - $256,000.00
The above pay scale reflects the broad, minimum to maximum, pay scale for this job code for the location for which it has been posted. Even more importantly, please note that salary is only one component of total compensation at Qualcomm. We also offer a competitive annual discretionary bonus program and opportunity for annual RSU grants (employees on sales-incentive plans are not eligible for our annual bonus). In addition, our highly competitive benefits package is designed to support your success at work, at home, and at play. Your recruiter will be happy to discuss all that Qualcomm has to offer!
If you would like more information about this role, please contact Qualcomm Careers.